Can I see your baby in a Primo Viaggio?

ADS

hrice

I would return it. PPs tend to install too upright for newborns and don't always fit from birth.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Lone Primo Viaggio lover here! I wish I could score one for $119...they don't even stock them at my BRU.

What kind of vehicle will you be installing it in? I have had one for both my previous babies and have never had an installation issue in a bevy of different vehicles.

This is all I have in PB

About 1 week here...
oct20010.jpg

About 5 months...not totally sure:eek:
griffcarseat003.jpg

cpsaddict

For $120, I would keep it and I am not a big fan of the PP, simply because the MSRP is crazy for an infant seat. For the price you paid though, it is a well made infant seat.

ConnorsMommy

I don't have one, but a friend of mine does. Her small 18 month old still fits in it. They seem to like it and haven't had problems with it. The baby was average to big when she was born and fit in it fine.

mum2two

In the ad photo the carry handle looks braced against the front seat, isn't the handle on the Peg supposed to be in the down position at all times, which is such a pain!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I've heard a lot of complaints from parents about the weight of the carrier as baby gets heavier. I've never been a fan of it because it's the most expensive seat for the least amount of use, but I've never had any problems with angle.

It's sometimes hard to get a tight seatbelt install, but pretty much always compatible with LATCH. You'd need to use a crotch roll between baby's crotch and the crotch strap, but it's otherwise a fine seat and it does have a decent height shell. :)

I can also say that Peg is a company I trust. The revision in handle positions in Canada was based on research testing. The seat met all standards no problem - there was no injuries, no real world incidents that might've raised red flags. But they took the research testing done by Transport Canada and chose to revise their instructions and the allowed handle position. And that to me is the sign of a company that is very proactive and cares about their seats performing as good as possible in a collision.

In the ad photo the carry handle looks braced against the front seat, isn't the handle on the Peg supposed to be in the down position at all times, which is such a pain!

European position is forward, and Canada has 2 allowed positions now - the back of the shell (down) when there's room, and when there's not room, then forward against the seatback. Retroactive to all of the current Peg seats in Canada. Not sure if they've changed it in US seats or not... but the handle position is there on all the seats.

luckyclov

For $120, I might keep it *if* it installed properly in my vehicle and I was fairly certain it would fit my newborn well. Maybe.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC