Spin off: Anyone else found the RA55 shell taller than the MA/BLVD/ADV70?

ADS

Athena

THANK YOU! I'm relieved to hear it's not just me. :) It's really helpful to know that.

Although I do really wish it were not the case because I would love to get that MA70 in allison (especially with that current deal!) and get the added inch of harness height for FF. I know everyone is always complaining about the lack of cute boy covers (and I'm all for those too), but they need a cute girl cover for the RA55. :D

fyrfightermomma

Yep. My kids had much more room in the RA55 and that's what we bought. Cheaper too! Sophia still fits RFing in the RA55(granted there is like a milimeter left but she still fits and she has a big torso). She wasn't even close (head over the shell) on the other ones.

I'm very glad we got the RA55. I have no complaints. My kids have long torsos and fit just fine.

gigi

Really?!? I love the looks of the RA55 but I was planning on a Boulevard70 just because I like the headwings for a FFer. However, if the RA55 is going to last longer as a RFing seat for kid 2, I'll definitely grab one of those and work out the FFing seat when the time comes!

Hmmmmm, I'm getting more and more tempted by that strollers.com deal!

T4K

For some reason I thought these shells were identical.

Good to know, though!

cpsaddict

Interesting. The only reason I got the Marathon was for the Alison cover, which was not too smart because it shows every speck of dirt. I just wish the RA55 came in cow. Then I would replace my Marathon 65 with an RA55. I much prefer the adjuster on the new models.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I do not know if the shells actually vary, but the presence of the head rest in the MA70 and BV70 make it very difficult to easily judge the height limit with respect to the shell. A lot of photos and comparisons are therefore done incorrectly, especially when installed at an angle.

Athena

For some reason I thought these shells were identical.

Supposedly they are and that's what is so confusing.

I do not know if the shells actually vary, but the presence of the head rest in the MA70 and BV70 make it very difficult to easily judge the height limit with respect to the shell. A lot of photos and comparisons are therefore done incorrectly, especially when installed at an angle.

I do agree that it's harder to measure with the head pieces and even harder on the old 65 seats with head pieces and I have wondered if this causes too much error or if the presence of the head piece alters the way the child sits in the seat. However, even if it were just an illusion, that was another motivation for me to buy the RA55 because I'll use it until she's 1" from the top and I need it to be easy to know when that is. But I would prefer to feel like I had more options.

Interesting. The only reason I got the Marathon was for the Alison cover, which was not too smart because it shows every speck of dirt. I just wish the RA55 came in cow. Then I would replace my Marathon 65 with an RA55. I much prefer the adjuster on the new models.

Thanks for sharing. This makes me feel a little better about not being able to get that. Sorry it hasn't worked out for you though.

Really?!? I love the looks of the RA55 but I was planning on a Boulevard70 just because I like the headwings for a FFer. However, if the RA55 is going to last longer as a RFing seat for kid 2, I'll definitely grab one of those and work out the FFing seat when the time comes!

As discussed earlier, I cannot explain why some of us are finding our kids seems to have more growing room in the RA55. I understand because like you, I wanted the option of a seat I'd also like to use FF, but right now my focus has to be RF. In additioj to the head piece/wings, (in case you were not aware of this) the 70 seats are supposed to have higher top harness slots compared to the RA55 so they should last longer FF. If you can, I'd recommend trying them for yourself. I hope this is helpful.

cpsaddict

Oh, don't get me wrong, I adore my Marathon 70 and the Alison is super cute, but we live on a farm. It gets pretty dirty! At least it washes up well!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC