Prep Me - what do I need to cover?

BananaBoat

I am lending out my 1st car seat to a non-car seat geek since becoming one myself. So, I rely on my dear C-S.org family to help me prepare a fact sheet for the borrower & all the stuff I need to go over!

D (the borrower) is a FTM who is borrowing my KF30 next month for her impeding n00b. Her family has a history of preemies so the KF will be much appreciated if she delivers a teeny-weeny baby. She already has a RA55 waiting & knows I'll need the seat back in July, she just wants a bucket for the winter. I told her that borrowing my seat is conditional on an orientation & installation instruction session, which she's totally cool with.

So, other than going through the manual & teaching them how to install (but making them do it themselves), what should I include on my fact sheet? I'm thinking washing instructions of DOs & DON'Ts, info about puffy clothes, what kinds of popular after-market stuff not to use...but what else? I'm thinking of including MY modified Bundle Me (with the back cut out) so that she isn't inclined to use anything else - thoughts?

Thanks for the help!

ADS

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Let her know that if it does not come back in the same condition (other than maybe a little faded from use), you expect a new seat in return (or the $$ for a pro-rated amount). Talk about that with her up front. I have lent out baby stuff before (my white bassinet came back with huge pink spots all over) and NOT had good experiences.

Be careful! I think you have most of the safety stuff covered though. Be aware that the KeyFit starts at 5 pounds so if the baby is under 5 pounds, she will need a different seat.

BananaBoat

Let her know that if it does not come back in the same condition (other than maybe a little faded from use), you expect a new seat in return (or the $$ for a pro-rated amount). Talk about that with her up front. I have lent out baby stuff before (my white bassinet came back with huge pink spots all over) and NOT had good experiences.

Be careful! I think you have most of the safety stuff covered though. Be aware that the KeyFit starts at 5 pounds so if the baby is under 5 pounds, she will need a different seat.

Thanks. We've covered the "if it's in any type of crash/fender-bender/accident it's to be replaced with a NEW one" but perhaps I need to reiterate the "same condition" stuff. She's a neat, tidy & careful person so I'm not super worried. She's certainly more clean-obsessed than I am & we've exchanged clothing & shoes in the past with no issues.

I thought the KF started at 4#...was that revised?

baybedawl03

It does start at 4 lb. Both the KF30 and the regular KF do, the one I had did and I just checked the website and it says 4 lb.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC