Let's make an email FW:

sb518

I can't believe the crap that people FW me and actually believe. I've always wanted to make a CPS foward to send on to my co-workers that I know will get sent out all over the world.

So who wants to help or at donate some pics for use??

Somebody posted on FB pictures of their children with "This is what your child should look like in the car seat" and that would be AWESOME to include.

Also what points do you think would be beneficial??

Right now I'm thinking: Basic use, RFing, and winter coats. Does somebody with a lot of time want to put one together? :whistle:

I've seen a ton of FWs but I have yet to see any that mention car seats. Maybe we can change that. :D

ADS

keri1292

I have a GIANT puffy snowsuit for Mitchell. I can do a pic of him in the seat with his snowsuit and then a pic with the shower cap cover a hat and a blankie. I'll get it this afternoon. :)

Meg

Great idea. :thumbsup:

Somebody posted on FB pictures of their children with "This is what your child should look like in the car seat" and that would be AWESOME to include.

The hospital I give birth at gives out a really nice car seat guide. I think one of the really great things about it was the side by side pics of the do(s) and do not(s). IIRC, do nots included a little baby in a FF Regent with the harness straps way above her shoulders, a child with the harness really loose and straps hanging over on his elbows, kid with chest clip down at belly level, big puffy coat, kid in a booster with seat belt over his belly and falling off his shoulder, etc. I think having side by side pics of the dos and do nots would really be helpful to people.

I think the average person will respond better and learn more by seeing actual pictures than just reading about car seat safety. So I think a concise informative caption with each set of "do" and "do not" would be a great way to go about it!

eta: I would include dos and do nots like:
belly clip down low vs armpit level
big puffy jacket/snowsuit vs form fitting jacket
harness loose and out of place vs. snug and in place
bad booster fit vs good booster fit
straps way too high above baby/toddler vs 2 pics: one showing at or below for rf and at or just above for FF

MommaKellie

Maybe add some -"did you know" facts.

Example:
Did you know, that a child is 500% more safe rear facing past a year?
Did you know, your car seat expires?
Did you know, there are many youtube videos to learn how to properly install your child and their car seat?
Did you know, 7 out of 10 car seats are incorrectly installed...is yours?

Then put links under each 'did you know' question.

Mae

I think it's a great idea! I can put it together. :)

If you guys want to PM me, I'll send you my email and you can send any pictures/info (age, weight, etc) that you are willing to let me use and I can make something. :)

I can't guarantee I'll use every picture, but I'll make it a variety of kids/seats.

sb518

DD is sick right now but when she is feeling better and not clinging to me I'll be back!

leighi123

Example:
Did you know, there are many youtube videos to learn how to properly install your child and their car seat?

I'd be careful with the youtube thing, b/c there are also a lot of BAD carseat videos. But maybe one to send them here, and another to http://seatcheck.org/

pandabearmomma07

I could use an e-mail like this to send to friends. I'd also love to send it to anyone trying to sell old, cruddy car seats on Craigslist.

Athena

Great idea!

Example:

I like this. If it's not too overwhelming, one I thought of that might not be obvious was something succinct about cleaning the car seat and harness.

I'd also love to send it to anyone trying to sell old, cruddy car seats on Craigslist.

:yeahthat:

Mae

I need some more pictures! :whistle:

Just shoot me a PM and I'll give you my email address. Then you can just email me the pictures. :)

Cryssy Jane

Mae said:
I need some more pictures! :whistle:

Just shoot me a PM and I'll give you my email address. Then you can just email me the pictures. :)

What pictures do you need? I've got a stockpile of cutie pies and carseats that would love to help.

Mae

What pictures do you need? I've got a stockpile of cutie pies and carseats that would love to help.

Anything you've got, as long as the pictures of said kiddos are allowed to be used to circulate the world wide web. :)

The previous ideas were good; A proper use picture (chest clip, tightness, TT, etc) and an improper use (same kid, same seat -- belly clip, loose, etc).

Anything else is good, too.

Cryssy Jane

Mae said:
Anything you've got, as long as the pictures of said kiddos are allowed to be used to circulate the world wide web. :)

The previous ideas were good; A proper use picture (chest clip, tightness, TT, etc) and an improper use (same kid, same seat -- belly clip, loose, etc).

Anything else is good, too.

Mmk. I'll pm you tomorrow. I have full photo releases on all of my daycare kiddos to use in an educational or advertising manner. So this would count as educational. :)

Athena

I'm really excited about this! Any idea of an ETA on it? No pressure, I just think it's a great idea and a wonderful thing you're doing!

Mae

I'm really excited about this! Any idea of an ETA on it? No pressure, I just think it's a great idea and a wonderful thing you're doing!

I've only gotten like 2 pictures, so I'm kind of doing it from scratch, picture-less ATM, lol.

Keeanh

ooh, just noticed this thread! Any pics still needed? My children & seats are in my siggy.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
I have pictures of DS in a CCO and a Recaro Como if you need anything like that. I can also do misuse pictures if you need me to.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC