Strawberry Shake CCO vs. Chestnut CCO

Marvin711

About to order, convinced this will be great for my tight 3 across. And if not I can always return to diapers.com!
Have not been able to see these in person....is the Strawberry Shake as light as it appears in stock photo? Or does it seem darker in person? Complaints with it showing a lot of dirt?
Would it match ok with Ashley Floral MA or Flora XTSL? Or clash?

Chestnut seems a little boring...but I don't want to get something so light it looks dirty and nasty all the time.

Feedback asap please!! :)

ADS

Cryssy Jane

strawberry is really light...
IMG_0394.jpg

I didn't keep it long enough to answer the dirt question though.

ETA: sorry it's huge, I resized in photobucket but it's taking a minute.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
It's really, really light. I haven't actually used ours yet (bought it for our secondary vehicle, haven't needed it yet) but I'm a little worried about how it will hold up compared to the Cherry Pie cover we have in our main vehicle. It sure is pretty, though.

I wonder how it cleans up, though.

Marvin711

hmmm...thanks for the feedback. seeing your pic also makes me think this is the right choice for us. what kind of car is that? looks like the seat fits nicely behind passenger, ours will also be installed outboard, thinking it is going to fit better than the keyfit w/base!

NVMBR02

I also have a strawberry shake. So far it has cleaned up nicely. It is 13 months old now and isn't stained at all. A few snags in the mesh, but overall it isn't bad.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
hmmm...thanks for the feedback. seeing your pic also makes me think this is the right choice for us. what kind of car is that? looks like the seat fits nicely behind passenger, ours will also be installed outboard, thinking it is going to fit better than the keyfit w/base!

What vehicle do you have? The Coccoro works beautifully as part of a 3-across in my little Ford Focus station wagon. :thumbsup: (And believe me, it is hard to find a combination that fits that vehicle!) I think you'll like it. My only complaint is the stupid puzzle buckle. Not a big deal most of the time, but I guarantee that none of the buckle designers tried it on a wiggly, cranky toddler at 7 a.m., when it's 10 degrees out, in the dark. :p

Cryssy Jane

It's a 2006 subaru impreza wrx.

keyfit, same vehicle drivers side instead of passenger.

If you want a comparison shot I could put the keyfit in the car tomorrow.
IMG_0731.jpg

JOII

Its as light as the stock photo. It REALLY shows the dirt in my experience, however it has also cleaned up nicely each time I wash it. No stains. We have ours in a tight 3 across with 2 Radians and it fits perfectly. :)

Marvin711

We are putting it in a 2010 Honda Accord....not sure with what else. Currently there are 2 XTSL's in there, but our oldest son is over 6 and 50+lbs and is nearing the point where he is outgrowing the Radian by height. So there might be a booster in it's place eventually. We've found the Marathon puzzles really well with the Radian though and that it sits higher making it a bit easier to buckle a booster. But not sure what will end up working! Long answer sorry, I tend to ramble at night!

So I really want one of these seats....and I think it will fill our need for the next little bit quite well! Plus it's pink! Chestnut seems so safe! It will not be in the vehicle we use the most so won't get as dirty as an everyday use seat...glad to hear it washes up nicely...how easy is the cover to remove?
JOII- what vehicle do you have yours in between the Radians in? Is it seatbelt or LATCH installed? We planned to put it outboard with LATCH so we didn't have the seatbelt wrapped around the back to deal with when loading and unloading.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I had both Chestnut and Strawberry Shake. Chestnut is nice but boring; I liked Strawberry Shake more.

Then I got rid of both of them for Cool Mint and Key Lime.

Then I got rid of the Cool Mint and got a Carrot Cake.

I have issues.

Anyway, go with Strawberry Shake. (Or Carrot Cake or Key Lime)

Marvin711

One more question since I have all you CCO owners... :)
What about touching the seatback in front of it? Is this an issue with Combi or just defer to vehicle manual?

Cryssy Jane

One more question since I have all you CCO owners... :)
What about touching the seatback in front of it? Is this an issue with Combi or just defer to vehicle manual?

It's an advanced airbags thing. Any vehicle that has advanced airbags (I think 2004/2005 and newer?) will say nothing should touch the back of the front seats because it could have issues with the airbag system.

JOII

JOII- what vehicle do you have yours in between the Radians in? Is it seatbelt or LATCH installed? We planned to put it outboard with LATCH so we didn't have the seatbelt wrapped around the back to deal with when loading and unloading.

I have mind in a '03 Trailblazer (even though its an SUV, its still tight). We have the set up as FF Radian, RF Coccoro, RF RadianXT. They are all installed with the seat belt.

You do not have to install the Coccoro with the belt around the back, we have it installed regularly. The belts in the Trailblazer seem to short to go around the back. They can, but I just dont like how it installs, so we do without.

TerisBoys

Another note on LATCH vs seatbelt is that a seatbelt install may buy you a few more precious inches of space on the vehicle seat. LATCH tends to be offset towards the center of the car, and with seatbelt you can move the seats closer to the edge.

Also, CCO cover sets are relatively inexpensive if I recall correctly. So you COULD pick up a spare in a cuter colour if you decide to go safe now and get the chestnut.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
jourdysmom said:
What about 1 color cover and another color insert? :D

Oh, yes, Chestnut cover with Strawberry insert and harness pads was my favorite combination. I called it Chocolate-Covered Strawberry.

NVMBR02

Oh, yes, Chestnut cover with Strawberry insert and harness pads was my favorite combination. I called it Chocolate-Covered Strawberry.

:thumbsup:

I think it is about $68 for a full cover set (shipped), just the pad/inserts will run you about $28.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC