I am utterly baffled

tarabelle

at how this could have happened.

Some may recall me posting here before about my sitter getting in an accident with my seat and me needing to find a replacement. We ended up getting a TrueFit for DD1 to use at her house.

We stopped going to this provider for care and picked up the seat Saturday night. When I brought it in I was annoyed with the tether anchor swinging so I put it on the bed and went to stow it so we could store the seat.

And that's when I noticed the problem

be7404e8.jpg

I can't even begin to imagine how she managed to get the clip to STAY open! It will not close anymore, it's permanently stuck like this.

I've already informed her that I'm not eating the cost of another seat wrecked under her care, but really, how do you manage to do this? Aren't these hooks manufactured to withstand thousands of pounds of force???

Anyone have any thoughts or words of wisdom here?

ADS

tarabelle

Thanks.

I will try that, if it doesn't work, I will call learning curve and see if they'll replace it. :thumbsup:

jess71903

Ambassador
Yep, I'm borrowing trippsmom's TFP right now. I am pretty sure it has never been used FF and it looks like that. The part that takes the force is the curved part. The part that is bent in is just supposed to keep it clipped to the anchor.

nope it wasn't the sitter, some of them are just like that, call learning curve and have them send a new one on over! I had to have one replaced for the same reason!

tarabelle

Thanks guys, I tried to do the screwdriver thing, nope. I'm a weakling I guess.

I will call Learning Curve tomorrow or Wednesday and see what they say.

I couldn't figure out how she could damage it............

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Thanks guys, I tried to do the screwdriver thing, nope. I'm a weakling I guess.
Do you have tough friend or spouse that could try for you? You have to pull back toward the narrow part and like I said earlier, way easier to use a much larger diameter screwdriver.

I couldn't figure out how she could damage it............
She didn't; they come that way. Both of mine were like that and had never even had the tether detached from the seat.

ericarizo

Good luck. Learning Curve will not send just a tether because of how it is in the seat. I fought with them for a month because of that issue. They informed me to use the seat without it...

turtlemama

I had this happen a lot on my seats. The first time was with a Scenera and then again with the 2 GNs I had and if I remember right, it is the same on my TF. I just bent them at the bottom until it was touching the hook part again. The GNs were totally my fault. I didn't know that the 3rd row of my vehicle does not have LATCH and what I was feeling and thinking was LATCH was just the metal part of the seat where it folds down. I had them clipped on there and that messed up that piece. I am very glad I tried to install the TF back there since the push button LATCH will not hook onto what is not a LATCH anchor or I would not have known I had my kids in there only attached by a tether on one and not at all on the other :(

Mommy0608

This happened on my True Fit too, and it had never been used FF. The first time, they ended up replacing my seat (I was one of the first ones to find this problem). Then, it happened on the replacement seat. This time, they sent me a repair kit for it. It's a little clip-thingy that you attach to the tether and it pushes it shut. I'm not too worried about it now... I've been using the seat FF with the "fix" installed and I know it's tethered securely.

I didn't read the links provided to previous threads, sorry if this is duplicate info.

babygirlsmom1005

My original TFP was replaced due to that....I look back (it's RF'ing) and guess what? The one that replaced it is doing it now too >.<

I guess I need to call Learning Curve and get one of those repair kits.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC