News from JPMA and Spillingthebeans.net

ADS

Splash

So.... Britax is basically bringing back the Advantage? How lovely.
Diplomat? Stupid name. I would probably be forced to skip it on the name alone. Stupid name. I'm not thrilled with Regent and Monarch, but it's better than Diplomat.
So.... they've given up road formations (Boulevard, Roundabout, Parkway), and athletic events (Marathon, Decathlon), and the ultra popular "fat kid" designation, in favor of royal and noble titles? So will they be bringing back the King as well? It'll fit right in.

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
Interesting. I'm a fan of the Clek, not so sure about the Diplomat - depends on the adjuster and price!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
So.... Britax is basically bringing back the Advantage? How lovely.
Diplomat? Stupid name. I would probably be forced to skip it on the name alone. Stupid name. I'm not thrilled with Regent and Monarch, but it's better than Diplomat.
So.... they've given up road formations (Boulevard, Roundabout, Parkway), and athletic events (Marathon, Decathlon), and the ultra popular "fat kid" designation, in favor of royal and noble titles? So will they be bringing back the King as well? It'll fit right in.

If it's a mini-boulevard, shouldn't they call it an Avenue or something? On-Ramp, maybe?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hey, makes me think of a town... imagine a whole town with carseat names, lol.....

LOL, cloverleaf... yeah, i mean, the roundabout is a road-thing, too.

Maybe onramp for the infant seat, freeway for the toddler seat, and offramp for the booster?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The Trunki looks really cool!

I know!!!! My mom has a massive bag collection, I sent her an email about this as a hint hint, it'd be great for going to grandma's, maybe she'll buy it for us for our trip this year... at least Bitsy could ride it (she's still only 50 pounds, lol)

scatterbunny

Except maybe for newborns, big Britax seats DO fit in many smaller cars RF.

I guess it's still a good product to have, basically a RA with TSIP, but I really think Britax needs a COMBO seat to compete with the Apex. We really need another HWH combo seat (that works without vehicle headrests and has taller top slots).

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
hmm interesting...i personally found the RA a waste of money...why not just splurge a little more (since youre splurging anyways...lol) and get the MA? and i agree...i have yet to not be able to fit my MA in any vehicle, so does the BV really need to be smaller? :confused:

Kellyr2

Yeah, I also have always found the RA to be a waste of money - the MA isn't that much more, just go for it. So the Diplomat does nothing for me. And I agree - i like the road-themed names better.

My excitement though? I see Recaro on the list of vendors...

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Those diaper bags would have been very helpful back when my parents were babysitting Leila as an infant -- I used zipper PUL bags & they always complained about not being sure which was which ... although I thought it was simple enough to see which one was not fadded/threadbare :rolleyes:

CandCfam

I agree, I find the Roundabout a waste of money. IMVHO, it is no better than any other FF 40 lbs limited seat, maybe easier to install than some, but not worth the money, to me, by any stretch of the imagination. So, I personally will lump this new Diplomat in the same 'not worth the money' bin i my mind.:eek:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm really thinking the people with more money than sense WILL like the Diplomat. Tall dads with small back seats... it really IS a pain to try to get an rf MA behind some 6' 3" guy in a VW Golf, and the RA allows more front leg room than the Snugride for those tall guys, IME, so I think we shouldn't lump it as a niche seat. Besides, if it's got an RA adjuster...ah... finest adjuster ever made.... :love:

Yeah, the Evolva 1/2/3 is what we need here...it's a Monarch with a built in harness...

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
The RA can be a good option when you've got more than one child and handing down seats is going to happen. I got my RA before the MA even existed, but I continued to use it after I bought my first MA. If it hadn't expired, I'd still be using it and, frankly, loving it more than my MAs. The harness adjuster on the old RAs was so much easier than on the MAs.

hsjwmom

:yeahthat:

I loved my RA. Sniff Sniff

I would have went with a Marathon had they been available back then, but then I would have missed out on the joy that was my Roundabout. I used it for my 2 dds and then passed it on to someone who wouldn't use it past it's expiration. It was worth every penny! Just my :twocents:

Disclaimer: this is not to say that I don't love my MA and Regent...It's just a different type of love. LOL

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
The RA can be a good option when you've got more than one child and handing down seats is going to happen. I got my RA before the MA even existed, but I continued to use it after I bought my first MA. If it hadn't expired, I'd still be using it and, frankly, loving it more than my MAs. The harness adjuster on the old RAs was so much easier than on the MAs.

I totally agree. I love my RA. I actually bought a second one for DS2 (one for each car - we only had one car when DS1 was in the RA and now have two) because I love the adjuster, especially RF. It was a good price and I figure I'll get enough use out of it for a few years and can always pass it along to a friend.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC