As if the Complete Air weren't reclined enough...

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I finally got around to installing the Complete Air I bought a week ago. There's the molded-in-plastic line that is supposed to indicate the proper level for RF. Then there's a sticker under the line with little arrows pointing to the line. Except that the sticker is super-crooked, to the point that one end of the sticker goes over the line itself. That'll be great for people who only go by the sticker/arrows and don't realize there's a line there.

Then when I was tightening the seatbelt I kept hearing this crinkling sound. I couldn't figure out what it was until I finally realized that the sticker showing the RF belt path was partially OVER the belt path, so the seatbelt was rubbing on the overhang.

I dunno, maybe I'm just looking for things to hate about this seat, but way to put stickers on, guys.

ADS

turtlemama

I just got one recently too, but the 65lb version. I didn't have any problems with stickers, just with trying to get the LATCH tight enough since the adjuster plate thing sits right on the belt path. It took me forever to get it not too upright and still be tight enough. I also don't get the point of those things that cover the shoulder part of the harness, they make it hard to get that tight enough as well. Aside from those things I really like it. It takes up less room RF than my TF does.
Maybe the sticker thing is a problem for the 50 lb version?

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
I just tried out (and ultimately returned) a CA50 and all the stickers were on straight, but I hear you, I was unimpressed with the seat overall. I hope your sticker issue was just a one-off and that it's not an indicator of their quality control.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC