Pedicure Question

Jewels

Senior Community Member
For Christmas one of my daycare kids gave me a certificate for a pedicure (the other one gave me a certificate for a manicure), since our weather is finally getting nice I am going to use it next thursday.

I have never had a pedicure before and my feet are very tickleish (<--- is that a word?) and sensitive, so I would like to know if any of you can tell me what to expect, also do I need to cut my nails or remove my current nail polish?

ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Don't worry about cutting or taking off your own polish. They'll do that for you.

As far as being ticklish, well, they're going to touch your feet. If it's too much, tell them no thanks, and they'll move on. Or warn them that you're extremely ticklish. I dislike the pumice stone. I think thats partially because I prefer to be barefoot, and having "soft" feet while crossing the street barefoot hurts, but it tickles too. So I always tell them no.

That's a nice gift from your daycare people. My "gift" was always a handful of late fees, payable by parents who decided to stop and pick up fancy gifts for everyone else in the phone book, except me.

:twocents:

oxeye

I'm so ticklish that pedicures are painful for me. LOL I've still had them done because I like the end result but it seriously feels like a method of torture. The pedicurist seem to get a kick out of it, though (not literally).

Just don't expect it to be a wonderful relaxing experience. Your feet will thank you afterwards, though.

amy919

I Love Love Love getting pedicures! I have very ticklish feet and have to try very hard to keep still. I actually kicked the woman one time. I go somewhere else now:eek: But, you do get used to it. At first, I was freaked out about someone touching my feet, but I got over it pretty quickly.

I am a bit anal about the instruments, though. The place I go to sterilizes everything, but I'm always dubious about how well they clean them - or do they just put them in the sterilizer to make us think they're clean? The thought of them using that stuff on someone's nasty feet and then using them on mine totally freaks me out, so I always bring my own stuff with me. I have a little kit I just take with me.

I've actually taken Kaylie with me the last few times. It's like a little mommy and me treat. She gets her finger nails and toes painted while I get a pedicure. She loves it!

Amy

mommy2jana

I also have very ticklish feet. But I do LOVE my pedicures! I have learned to get used to it and now they don't really tickle me as much. I do warn the person doing the pedi, though. The first time you get a pedi with ticklish feet probably won't be a pleasant experience, but you will love the end result! Just try to relax as much as possible. I have found that deep breathing (in through your nose and out through your mouth) works best for me while they're doing the ticklish stuff! :)

MySillyKids

OOOOh, i want to go and get one right now. The thought of sitting in the massage chair, with my feet in almost too hot water sounds SOOO GOOOD... blah.

I'm having issues with our current pedicure place, they DONT WASH THE UTENSILS IN BETWEEN CLEANING. :rolleyes:

I need to find a good place!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I've never had a pedicure, but how do you go about finding a really good place?

I've never had one before so I am going where I got a certificate but the person that is doing the pedicure is the one my daycare mom recommended :)

Also we live in a small town, so there aren't many places to choose from.

Melizerd

Tell them to use long harder strokes on your feet. That will help not be so ticklish. I learned that at a spa during a massage. It's the light short strokes that tickle.

As for finding a good place, word of mouth is good. Then check the place out. Do they sterilize their equipment or use disposable stuff? Does it look generally clean? As questions about how they clean their stuff too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC