Question Buick Enclave and Combination seats

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Do you have captain's chairs or a 2nd row bench?

I drive a Saturn Outlook (same as Enclave, just different fabrics and options basically, and outer styling,) and have had a Nautilus in the outboard position of our 2nd row bench. It fits well with both UAS and seatbelt. I've never tried any other combination seat in our vehicle, but most other convertible seats have fit fine. I would anticipate that most combination seats (with the exception of the Summit, I'm pretty sure the wide base would prevent it from fitting well,) would fit.

aeormsby

I also have an Outlook and the Frontier fits great in the outboard seats 2nd row (we have the older 80lb version, but I don't think the changes in the 85lb version would make the install any worse).

missychase

I have the captains chairs in the 2nd row. The Britax Convertible I have right now FF is so large and I like the way it fits much better RF (my two year old is in it FF now and I plan to switch it to RF for my 7 month old when I get a new combination seat for my 2 year old).
Ok so it looks like I should try the Frontier and the Nautilus. I want to try them out in the car before I buy them...does anyone know if Babies-r-Us have both in stock? Or another baby store?
Thanks for the help!!

aeormsby

Just adding a note - do you have the Marathon right now? I was not as happy with the FF install either, it was just so reclined because of the sloped seats. I did find the trick to removing the 2nd row headrests (assuming they are the same on the captain chairs as the bench) - if you push down on the fabric around the bars there is a curved pin around the bar, use a pliers to pull that off of both bars and you can pull the headrest off. I just stow the headrest in the footwell for the 3rd row.

I would think that even a seat like the Maestro would fit better than the Marathon because it's not up on a tall base.

I would think BRU would have both of those in stock, but I haven't been there in almost a year now.

missychase

Yes I do have the Marathon. I love it, but no some much FF. I dont want to mess with taking anything off of the Enclave (especially since it is so brand new that I dont even know what half of the buttons do! ) But thanks for the info. I will look at BRU and see what I can find. I guess if not, I can always order from someplace that has a store near me and return it to the store.

aeormsby

Also, if you end up ordering there are a few websites that offer free/cheap return shipping insurance. I think diapers.com and elitecarseats.com have that option.

missychase

just called the BRU and they have both the frontier and the nautilus in stock! yeah...i can check the fit and then find the cheapest price! i know right now amazon is having a 20% off sale on britax and target has the nautilus on sale too!

justhat

We have a 2011 Acadia and I have our Frontier85 installed in the center of the 3rd row and I am not happy with the install. It seemed okay when I first did it last month, but I went back there to clean up this week and it was shaky and I couldn't get it tight. I plan to try swapping it to the 2nd row (we have the captains chairs), but then it means putting my son's Decathalon in the 3rd row center and I like having him accessible to the door since he falls asleep in the car still. The other captain's seat has my 11 month old so I can't move her to the 3rd row since I have to buckle her in/out, obviously.

But anyway, I know you don't plan to install it in the 3rd row, but thought I'd share that it doesn't fit well back there just in case.

Mae

If, while you are installing, you have some issues with the headrest, here is a post that explains how to take off the headrest. It won't do any damage to the vehicle to take the headrest off (it's actually a common thing that must be done with FF seats, when allowed), just remember to properly store it so that it won't become a projectile (if it's not strapped down, in a crash, it will keep moving until it hits something/someone to make it stop).

I have a GMC Acadia, and if I am not mistaken, the headrests should be very similar, if not the same as the Enclave. I am able to remove the headrests from my 2nd row captains chairs. It's a little tough at first, but once you figure out how it works it's not that bad. I had to take it out to get a good FF install with my RA and MA, but had no problem with it interfering with my FR.

It's been a while, but I think I got these directions from this site somewhere...

1) under headrest are two metal posts each shaft goes into a black plastic grommet.

2) Easier with cloth, but can be done with leather if nervous try on dealer demo and teach them as well. Facing the headrest tackle one post then another.

3) Gently push fabric/leather down metal shaft till you can see a tiny metal c-clip. One might have to tug it side to side to get the clip trough the hole cause clip is larger than the hole. It fits into an indent on the "left edge only" of each post. The clip can spin freely. It is hard to push fabric/stuffing down all this way maybe 3". Use free hand if you have one to open up c-clip with one finger and prop the side up slightly over indent. Now the other side is done with slightly less room to get in there. When you release the other shaft the rest should easily pop out. The flashlight helps you see what is happening unless you got the dual sunroofs.

4) now you can store it in the back or turn it around but it does not now firmly affix because the indents are on the wrong side and the padding doesn't let it insert all the way in. The car seat fits much better now

missychase

What seat do you have your 11 month old in? I have the Marathon that I am planning on using RF, but I don't know what I am going to do when I put her FF. Just looking for suggestions on seats :) Thanks

justhat

What seat do you have your 11 month old in? I have the Marathon that I am planning on using RF, but I don't know what I am going to do when I put her FF. Just looking for suggestions on seats :) Thanks

Sorry, I totally missed this months ago! My 11 month old (who is now 14 months!) is still in her Britax Chaperone. She is very tiny, not yet 18lbs and 29", so she still fits in there well so I haven't moved her yet. When I do, I'm debating between the Britax Boulevard/Advocate and the Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL. I really want side impact head protection and don't see that on the XTSL for small babies, so that is pushing me towards the Britaxes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC