'08 Odyssey vs '11 Odyssey - Exterior Photos

ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Xenon headlights improve visibility significantly, in my experience..both from inside the car, and from the perspective of on-coming traffic. My major reservation about getting the 2008 Odyssey Touring over the MDX was that the MDX had Xenons but the Ody did not. Since we traded in our XC90 (which had Xenons) we decided it wasn't fair to compromise on that feature. When I found out that the Canadian version of the Touring had them built-in (we have no Elite package here, it's included) I was sold.

I will be doing the Interior photos at some point on Wednesday if my 08 doesn't sell prior to that.

-N.

QuassEE

Sourcing: http://www.iguides.org/articles/art...ights-over-standard-halogen-lights/Page1.html

"The first major advantage is that the xenon light bulbs have greater output of light."
"The second biggest advantage is that the viewing radius is increased up to 70 percent." (emphasis removed)
..."The whiter light penetrates darkness better than the yellow halogen light and as a result we are able to see better in tougher weather conditions like rain and fog."
" They are a lot more durable than halogen lights. They can withstand a greater amount of vibration and shock from the road due to there being no filament. There is also much greater life span."
"Xenon lights consume 25% less power..."

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I can't even begin to explain how much better Xenon headlights are than your standard headlights. I had Xenon lights for the past 5-6 years on my cars and then this past July I got a car without them:(. I feel like I am driving without my headlights on at night because the difference between what I am used to and what I see now at night is so huge!:thumbsdown:

QuassEE

Oh totally. We will never go back.. unless we get like.. a 1989 Landcruiser or something..but what're the chances of that ;)

-Nicole.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Oh totally. We will never go back.. unless we get like.. a 1989 Landcruiser or something..but what're the chances of that ;)

-Nicole.

LOL...oh and thanks for that you know my husband now wants one too..."just for fun...the boys would love it". Seriously he looks on Ebay and the like for them...:whistle:

QuassEE

God forbid, but if anything ever happens to you, Dani..I'm moving to Texas and marrying Brian :)

-Nicole.

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
I can't even begin to explain how much better Xenon headlights are than your standard headlights. I had Xenon lights for the past 5-6 years on my cars and then this past July I got a car without them:(. I feel like I am driving without my headlights on at night because the difference between what I am used to and what I see now at night is so huge!:thumbsdown:

Wow, I'm going to have to look for that in my next vehicle. I hate driving at night.

QuassEE

Bingo :) I didn't even WANT the PAX, but it was the only "feature" on the van I didn't want and everything else was perfect...so I went with it. 26,000 miles later, it needed $2000 tires.

-Nicole.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor

I had Xenon in my G8 and in November we bought our '07 Denali which didn't have them. Dh spent like $100-150 and converted my headlights out to HID (is that spelled right?). What a world of difference esp for me as I have depth perception problems with night driving. So I needed brighter and longer distance lights. Best investment ever.

If your not aware most vehicles lights can be converted for less then $100-$150. Dh did it all himself in just a few hours.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC