Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Britax roundabout 50's in a Mustang?

A friend of mine is asking about RFing a Britax roundabout 50 in a mustang. Anyone have one of those? Its hard for me to answer w/o seeing it. She also said she heard the CR cant touch the front seats? I didnt learn anything about that in the class I took. My understanding what that if you move the seats up, install the CR, and got a good fit, it could touch the front seats when you moved them back into position. (As long as its not changing the angle of the seat)

Input? Thanks
    Tiffany CPST
    Mama, to Ryleigh age 5, 33lbs and 42.5", Britax Frontier 85
    Averyana Grace age 6 mo, 14.6lbs, Baby Trend Flex Loc

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

I've gotten a marathon 65 (same basic shell as the ra 50) rear facing in a 2000 chevy camero that has the same type of bucket seats. The base fits nicely in the bucket portion, but achieving a good recline involved the passenger eating the dashboard. As for if the car seat can touch the vehicle seat are you referencing touching or bracing? What year mustang are we talking about? Most cars with advanced airbags will specifically say no touching or bracing as it will effect the airbag system.

Crystal: CPST, DCP and BFF to:
    Hania: 3 months, rf in a nuna pipa
    Piper: 2 years, 26lbs rf in a monkey clek fllo
    Isabella: 4.5 years, 32lbs rf in a clek foonf
    Rocking out in a 2015 Subaru WRX and a 2006 Toyota Sienna

CPS Technician

Re: Britax roundabout 50's in a Mustang?

Thanks Crystal. Im asking her about the car now.

I wonder why they didn't teach us in class about touching/bracing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryssy Jane View Post
    I've gotten a marathon 65 (same basic shell as the ra 50) rear facing in a 2000 chevy camero that has the same type of bucket seats. The base fits nicely in the bucket portion, but achieving a good recline involved the passenger eating the dashboard. As for if the car seat can touch the vehicle seat are you referencing touching or bracing? What year mustang are we talking about? Most cars with advanced airbags will specifically say no touching or bracing as it will effect the airbag system.
    Tiffany CPST
    Mama, to Ryleigh age 5, 33lbs and 42.5", Britax Frontier 85
    Averyana Grace age 6 mo, 14.6lbs, Baby Trend Flex Loc