Radian65, Ford F250 and Ford Expedition

tjham

(Quoted from my own post on the BB board - thought some Ford truck owners might be able to use the info!)

I got a good seat/lap belt install outboard in my 2005 Expedition and had it in there for about a week. My granddaughter said she really liked it.

So today I finally put it in her dad's 2005 F250 with lap belt center back bench seat. With regular install though, it seemed to loosen when I shook it and pushed it side to side. So once I got it as tight as I could, I undid it and flipped the male end over and reinserted it in the buckle (while putting both knees in the seat). It had a pretty good install but then I put down some shelf liner and, What a difference! No slipping at all now!

Using the tether was hard. You have to hold the back of the bench seat out with the right hand and reach back to hook the tether AND tighten with the left hand before the seat slips out of your hands and slams back! I feel like it should be tighter but how?

My husband usually has the Bolero in his F250 truck to pick her up from school several days a week, then I moved the FPSVD in there for a trip to the mountains because she always falls asleep. (Excellent install BTW!) He wanted to keep the SVD until he saw the Radian in my son's truck and said it would match HIS truck better!

I have hidden my carseat obsession from him for years. He has never even noticed any of them. But I think the secrets out! LOL

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC