On board base issues

swtgi1982

Base sticking to the car seat an does not want to come off brother says. Is it just me or does this seat have a learning curve? Seriously this thing is the replacement for the one I had similar issues with. It is brand new with the standard base.

ADS

amelia222

Mine was a bit sticky too. I found it didn't just lift right off but needed a bit of wiggling. It very difficult to get the base off when its not installed in the car, but when installed you get used to it and it becomes easier.

swtgi1982

The first one I had was never that way that is why I was puzzled as to how we got two in a row like that

swtgi1982

Apparently to get a 45 degree recline in the on board you need to have it right on the line which indicates the end limit for max recline on it. The ball is half in and half out if the permitted field. I took my device to measure the recline on the seat and it was just a hair under 45 if not right on.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Not all infant seats are designed to allow a 45 degree recline angle. That's why the technician curriculum states to follow the recline indicator on the seat instead of attempting to measure angles. Some infant seats will allow a 45 degree angle (or a range that goes all the way down to 45 degrees) and others seats don't even come close to that recline angle.

swtgi1982

Not all infant seats are designed to allow a 45 degree recline angle. That's why the technician curriculum states to follow the recline indicator on the seat instead of attempting to measure angles. Some infant seats will allow a 45 degree angle (or a range that goes all the way down to 45 degrees) and others seats don't even come close to that recline angle.

We just measured to see how close it came and it was just under with the ball just at the end of the allowed area. My brother made the parental descision to be ok with it right on the edge like that and it looked fine to me too. He just felt better that way since no one will be able to ride in the back with the preemie on the way home sometime this week with all other seats filled with car seats.

I told him we should get it as reclined as it will allow and I just measured to see how close it was. This seat was in a dodge grand van bucket seat.

Jennifer mom to my 7

We just measured to see how close it came and it was just under with the ball just at the end of the allowed area. My brother made the parental descision to be ok with it right on the edge like that and it looked fine to me too. He just felt better that way since no one will be able to ride in the back with the preemie on the way home sometime this week with all other seats filled with car seats.

Just a suggestion, but if someone does want to ride in the back, (I did when we brought my youngest home from his NICU stay), you could always remove a seat to do so. And then put it back in in a week or so, kwim?

swtgi1982

Just a suggestion, but if someone does want to ride in the back, (I did when we brought my youngest home from his NICU stay), you could always remove a seat to do so. And then put it back in in a week or so, kwim?

I know but my SIL is so self centered and will not hear of not riding up front with her DH there is room in third row for child from other bucket seat but they will not hear of it. I did suggest it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC