Need booster ASAP...please give me some advice!

britfish

DD is 6.5 and I originally planned to keep her in the RN until spring. Silly me, I put them on craigslist (just to see if there would be any interest) and I sold them in two days! So...now I need to figure out what to get for a booster. Right now (as of the sale today) she is in a GN (booster) and Grandmas Recaro Vivo in blush.
So...I need another booster, DD is quite petite at just a tad over 40lbs.. I love the fit of the Vivo but HATE the cover, and don't really like how short the seat is on her legs. I also wish it sat flat on the seat and not on that little base. I looked at the Turboboosters today and I really don't like them at all. They just don't do anything for me, although DD fits great in them. Also, I know someone selling an older Frontier, but I think I would want to change the cover and don't know if they are still available. Would that be a good fit for a petite child?
So, what would you get? I need a total 3 primary seats and a spare for playdates etc. so I need to purchase one more primary seat and the spare (maybe a backless at this age?).

ADS

Jan06twinmom

I would get the Graco Turbobooster at least as a spare seat. My preference is to keep children at this age in a highback booster. Since the Turbobooster converts to a nbb, you have the option to use it that way down the road in a year or two.

The turbobooster is really a good seat. It fits children really well, as you saw with your DD. For the price and the fit, it's really a good seat. To me, fit is the most important reason to get a specific seat. It's also an added bonus that the Turbobooster is also so affordable.

My DD is petite too. Just turned 6 this week and she is about 41in tall and weighs 39lbs. We'll probably also go with the Turbobooster in at least our secondary car when she makes the move in 6 months or so.

Melanie

rachelandtyke

My DD is on the petite side as well. She is 36 lbs and 41 inches and 5 1/2. She grows slowly, so will not be much more when she turns 6 (or even a year for now).

I rreally, really did not want to like the Turbo. I wanted something else, but it is truly the best fit on her and she also found it the most comfortable. So that is what we will get. It's a bonus that it is so affordable. For her everyday one I will probably get the nicer one with the gracopedic foam, but her back up will be one from a Target sale.

firemomof3

My first thought is also the turbobooster but if she is on the shorter side you could look a the Harmony Dreamtime booster. Others are the Clek Oobr, Recaro ProBooster and...I think thats it

britfish

Thanks for all the advice! I guess I just can't fall in love with a booster like I did with the car seats we had. I'm sure that sounds really weird but I just can't find a booster that has it all!
Just one quick question, does anyone know when Graco is apt to come out with new fabrics? I am eyeing the elite series and wondered if new choices would be on the horizon.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC