Outgrowing KF30

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Laine's in 12-18 month/18 month shirts with a 10.5" torso and she's got a half inch torso height left in the KF30 as of yesterday.

Wendy

Aurezalia

V was 16? months(ETA, I'm not actually sure exactly when he outgrew it as we stopped using it), 11.5ish" torso, some 9 -12 and 12-18 month shirts.

Here was his growing room at 15 months - about 1" growing room to the top of the shell.
P7120091.jpg

ETA: He was also just *barely* at the top slots. He has a small torso and big head!

Last edited:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
V was 16? months, 11.5ish" torso, some 9 -12 and 12-18 month shirts.

He's got about three inches above his head there. Tons of room. :)

I have to admit, I don't know how long Laine's torso is. Just guessing. She's at the second slot on the TFP after she's been buckled in, but before she's buckled she's over it. So about that long. LOL

Wendy

flipper68

Senior Community Member
My friend has twin boys. They are w/in millimeters of outgrowing theirs at just under 9 months.

They are BIG/long torsoed boys (20+ lbs) and wearing mostly 18 clothes in order to keep their bellies covered and/or snap the crotch.

Aurezalia

He's got about three inches above his head there. Tons of room. :)

I have to admit, I don't know how long Laine's torso is. Just guessing. She's at the second slot on the TFP after she's been buckled in, but before she's buckled she's over it. So about that long. LOL

Wendy

No, he really didn't, it's just the angle of the picture and the puffiness of the cover at the top of the seat , lol. I have another picture that also has the tape measure in it, but I can't find it!
Just for reference as you can see it better in some of the other pictures, my KF30/XTSL comparison thread: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=133243

melniemi

B just fit at 27 mon, borderline, would only use if needed. She was a peanut, probably wearing 18-24 mon clothes. A still fit when I got rid of his at 14 months, wearing 12-18 month clothes, probably had an inch of growing room.

fyrfightermomma

8-10 weeks. Just had started wearing 6-9 or maybe 12 months one piece outfits

This was 7ish weeks. He was getting close He was "too close" for comfort about a 2-3 weeks after this

101_3032.jpg

101_3034.jpg

Brycen'sMommy

My DD is 10 months and just under the one inch mark. She wears 18 month clothes. We use it in DH's car so we need to get a new seat soon.

daniele_ut

DD still fit in hers when I switched it out for the MA when she was more than 18 months old. She's a peanut, though.

Jennifer mom to my 7

9-10 months and 7 months or so.

IMG_4899_2.jpg
he was 7 months here

IMG_5437_2.jpg
he was 6 months here

AT 10 months, M was 21lb 3oz, 29.5 inches.

At 9 months, V was 21lb 4oz, 29 inches.

V outgrew the keyfit sooner than M.

kitkatkc

This is my DD last week in DS's KF30. I have not actually taken a tape measure to the top of her head, but it is below the shell just a little. We don't use this seat since we were in an accident, but I haven't gotten around to chopping it and listing the extra base and the cover FSOT!
5343651662_5b730f57ac_m.jpg

She is 23lbs at 28 mo.

scoutingbear

Thanks everyone! I was trying to judge how long I can keep my friend's extra convertible seat. She has foster babies who are 9 & 10 months old and only one extra convertible at her house since I have the other. :eek: Guess I need to start coming up with a plan B for myself!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC