Anyone in Chicago want to test the RF limits of the Graco Smartseat?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I could use a model to showoff the RF limits of the new Graco Smartseat, preferably a child tall in the torso and close to 40 pounds! I may be shipping it out next week, so act soon!

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Dang, if you were here, I totally have the perfect kiddo. Can't wait for the review!

tl01

I could use a model to showoff the RF limits of the new Graco Smartseat, preferably a child tall in the torso and close to 40 pounds! I may be shipping it out next week, so act soon!

To where are you shipping it?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
To Heather or Kecia or someone for a full review. My preview was pretty comprehensive and a full review by me would mostly just re-hash everything. Instead, I'm going to post some photos, video and a few comments and turn it over to someone else for a second opinion!

Spam

Why must you be on that side of the lake??? How come you're not one of the many Chicagoland persons that come here every weekend?

sunnymw

I'm not in Chicago, but I do have a 36-37lb 4.25yo :D Second from top slots on the Radian.

I have lots of time on my hands :whistle: and a handful of vehicles I can test it out in (2001 grand marquis, 2010 flex, 2005 matrix, 2006 civic just to start with)

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Why must you be on that side of the lake??? How come you're not one of the many Chicagoland persons that come here every weekend?

We are too boring to have a lake house or a condo at a golf resort in WI, MI or IN. If we did, I wouldn't have any time to do carseat stuff!

Spam

We are too boring to have a lake house or a condo at a golf resort in WI, MI or IN. If we did, I wouldn't have any time to do carseat stuff!

LOL, well if gas wasn't as high as it is and chicago driving didn't scare me I'd drive the two hours to meet ya

brookity

I have a 30 lb DD but at her height she should be closer to 40. She might not be ideal but we are local to you.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Can't you just go stand near a school with a bag of M&Ms and lure some kid into the carseat with promises of candy? That's what I'd do.

LuvMyCharlie

Dang. Wish I were closer. DS has outgrown the RF Radian at 3 and is right at 40 lbs.

On second thought, you could always ship it to me and I could hand deliver it to Kecia. :whistle:

ETA: And I could test the baby aspect too. ;)

Last edited:

Leighsah

Hey if you want to ship it to VA, I am onboard. DS is 35ish lbs and 38-39 inches tall at 3-years-old. Still fits well RFing in the Radian, so it would be interesting to compare the two.

henrietta

In the words of my toddler....AAwwwwww maaannnnnnn....

I'd LOVE to test it out for you, but we're nowhere near you (but you know how much it costs to ship to me, since you shipped us the stroller LOL). My 29 mos old is about 37" tall, 31 lbs (he's slimmed down lately), and has a super long torso (outgrowing some 3T shirts). My 5.5 yrs old is 43 " tall, 38 lbs, and still somewhat long torsoed.

Oh, and I'm not a CPDT....guess that would be a requirement.

henrietta

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I have a 30 lb DD but at her height she should be closer to 40. She might not be ideal but we are local to you.

I'm just south of Milwaukee. Hmmmmm. And I have a 46" 30 lb kid and a 40 lb 41" kid. Both with nice big torsos!

I'm in the west suburbs- if either of you are in the area today or tomorrow and want to check it out and don't mind a few photos being posted here, please let me know!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC