Final decisions for $500 worth of seats...

MamaRia

I posted a couple weeks ago that our foster assoc has about $500 for new Evenflo car seats for foster kids and families and I got lots of great suggestions from many of you :D. I finally was able to go in and take inventory and get my final budget number. I think I can safely spend about $600 - or around there:thumbsup:

I am making my final decisions on what to order. I will go in next week and submit it.

Our inventory now is:

2 infant seats (Evenflo Discoveries - back adjust, non adjust bases)
2 Sceneras
1 Evenflo Tribute
1 Evenflo Big Kid high back
3 Evenflo Sightseers (these are terrible so I don't even think I will count them!)

I do need to order at least one new infant seat - there is a family waiting for a brand new one.
I'm not fond of Evenflo infant seats - so do i order a Discovery or Embrace? I think I may go with the front adjust Embrace because rear adjust makes me crazy. I can also get the Serenade for about $25 more than the Embrace but I'm not sure it's worth it. Set me straight if it is.

I will get 4 Big Kids, no back

I'd like to get at least two more high back boosters. My question- Big Kids or the Maestro? I can get the Maestro w/out the harness and it's only $2.35 more than the BK. Which do you suggest?

I'd like to get some FF 5pt's also. Maestro - 4 most likely.

Convertibles - decided on Titan's. 4 of those

I have room for change &/or one more seat.

What would you change/add/delete?

Thank you again for helping me!!!!

Last edited:
ADS

momtoo3

I would look into the Embrace infant seat. The one we had could only be used with the base. There are no seatbelt slots for a seat belt install on the carrier. This could be a problem if going to a family with more than 1 vehicle. HTH!

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Momtoo3 is correct that the old Embrace could only be used with the base - however they changed that about 2 years ago and the newer ones can now be used with or without the base.

I agree that spending the extra $ to get the front adjust Embrace model can be justified. Especially since the rear-adjust Evenflo models are such a pain when the parent/caregiver needs to move the harness slots up.

But first check the dates on those Discovery seats in inventory just to make sure they're not old enough to be part of the recall. If they are recalled - you're going to have to replace them. The recall fix from Evenflo is not a viable option. Are they the 5-pt harness models? I think all of those are new enough to not be part of the recall but I could be wrong about that.

As for highback boosters - maybe get one of each (Maestro and BK)?

Good luck!

MamaRia

Thank you both! I'm sure the Embrace is manufactured within the last 2 yrs - so I assume that it can be used w/out the base. If not, I'm only getting one so not too big an issue.

As for the ones we have in inventory. One I brought home to clean up and will check on that recall. It is a 5pt. I tossed a 3pt even though it was not expired. The other one I will check when I bring it here to inspect/clean.

I wish I could get one of each (Maestro and BK) but I have to buy them in prs - and can't afford 2 and 2. I'm leaning towards the BK...........

MamaRia

Do you have to buy through evenflo? I would either look into safety 1st pricing (the on board is a great price wholesale) or order this one from Albee baby since it at least has a front adjust and the handle position can be left up... http://www.albeebaby.com/safety-1st-starter-infant-car-seat-22311wal.HTML

As far as I know I do have to order thru Evenflo. BUT I'm going to ask the coordinator if I can get an alternate infant car seat such as the one you linked me to for that specific family. Thanks for that idea!

Kat_Momof3

I would get the embrace... it's current and a front adjust is definitely preferable.

I would get Evenflo Big Kids for highback boosters (they go way taller) unless you think there is a need for harnessed seats after the Tributes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC