friends baby was in roll over

nevaehsmommy

I had regent that was donated to me. It was not working for our needs. It was way to big to move from one car to another. So I gave it to a friend for the $20 that I payed for shipping. This was a couple months ago. The baby was 38# at 18 months and had outgrown by height his shield all in one seat. It was also a very old seat. So mom had the new seat installed at the local safe kids event.

The week b4 Christmas mom and son were Christmas shopping and mom was on the phone with Grandma. She was handing the phone to son when she lost control of the car. They flipped three times. The car landed up side down in the ditch.

Mom had seat belt burns on her neck and stomach. Her right leg was banged up from gifts in the front seat and she had a lacerated scalp, that required 5 staples. Her son who was in the back seat did not have one scratch on him. They were both taken to the hospital and mom was kept overnight for observation but the son got to go home to grandmas within an hour of being at the hospital.

Just thought I would share....

ADS

twinsmom

Wow - so glad they were okay. And that is one big 18 month old! So glad the Regent kept him safe. ( I guess this is a good reminder of the dangers of talking on the phone while driving)

myliljunebugs

That is wonderful! Something similar happened with my cousin and her then 3 year old son. I gave her a spare Regent (instead of the backless booster she felt was appropriate) when he was 2.5 and right after he turned 3 she got into a bad rollover. She was in the hospital and he only had rub burns from the harness. Which I don't think he would have had if she had tightened the harness a bit more. I was so relieved!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC