A few prosport pics and gn

Spam

I had both seats inside today, and have been wanting to get a couple of pics of A in the prosport. I didn't get any uninstalled pics with him in the prosport. Austin is 41" and 41lbs 2.5yrs and seated height of 24-25" (he's squirming). He's using the top slots of the prosport, next to top on the gn.

Prosport on top, gn on next to top slots.
DSC_0066.jpg

Headrest raised all the way on both
DSC_0067.jpg

top slots
DSC_0073.jpg
DSC_0072.jpg

Installed 00 durango
DSC_0074.jpg
DSC_0078.jpg
DSC_0075.jpg
DSC_0079.jpg

ADS

henrietta

Wow, thank you for that. So, I'm guessing...what would be the point of the Prosport after say, a Britax Marathon, has been outgrown by height??? The only kids I can see really getting good use out of the Prosport (vs. the Nautilus or the Frontier, esp at that price point) are kiddo's w/short torsoes and higher weights or kiddos who have outgrown the shorter seats by height (like the Comfort Sport, Scenera, Tribute, Titan, older AO's, etc).

I was considering it, but that ruled it out for me...

Thanks for the help!

henrietta

autumnlily

So, it looks like it has a lower "base"... making it easier for the child to climb in. With only a .5" difference in top slot heights - I think it's a great contender for even tall torso children. An 18" top slot is still great, isn't it? I really like how the head rest doesn't go as high (won't block the back rear view as much).

I'm curious as to it's compatibility in the Sienna.

Baylor

Thanks for the pictures! I love seeing how all the seats compare. I am dying to see a Nauti and a Frontier side by side!

henrietta

So, it looks like it has a lower "base"... making it easier for the child to climb in. With only a .5" difference in top slot heights - I think it's a great contender for even tall torso children. An 18" top slot is still great, isn't it? I really like how the head rest doesn't go as high (won't block the back rear view as much).

Good points AutumnLily...about how much time do you think a 2.5 yr old who is on the top slots of the FPSVD/Decathlon (w/about a .5 inch to go) would have? Do you think he'd make it to 5 yrs old? My nephew who is built like my super long torsoed 2.5 yr old was outgrowing the harness on the Graco Nautilus at 4 yrs old--he was dead even w/the top slots at exactly 4 yrs old. I really like the look of the ProSport..don't know that *I'll* be buying anything, but might save up his bday money in the summer to buy him a new carseat.

Thanks!

henrietta

autumnlily

Good points AutumnLily...about how much time do you think a 2.5 yr old who is on the top slots of the FPSVD/Decathlon (w/about a .5 inch to go) would have? Do you think he'd make it to 5 yrs old? My nephew who is built like my super long torsoed 2.5 yr old was outgrowing the harness on the Graco Nautilus at 4 yrs old--he was dead even w/the top slots at exactly 4 yrs old. I really like the look of the ProSport..don't know that *I'll* be buying anything, but might save up his bday money in the summer to buy him a new carseat.

Thanks!

henrietta

For your 2.5yo - it sounds like the GN would give him that extra .5" the ProSport doesn't have. I'd go with it or the only other seat on the current market (not special needs) with highter slots than 18.5".. the Frontier 85.

I tried to find a few more photo's of the ProSport because I was excited to see it sat lower on the seat than the GN. It does look like there is a little less shell above the the top slot on the ProSport than that amount of shell in the GN above its top slot... but I'm having a hard time picturing a child whose ears would surpass the shell when they are at or below the top slot (in any seat). BUT, I saw other posts about concerns for tall children in the ProSport... so, I'm confused :confused:

My 5 year old is even with the second slot (from bottom) on the GN... so, yes, my prospective and need is very different than a parent of a tall or tall torso child ;)

lovinwaves

We bought the Prosport only for using it as a harnessed seat. I know we are in the minority though. I don't like the other convertible seats because they are typically up on a base that make it hard for my kids to get in and out. I also like the deep sides, wider seat, and plush feeling.

Kat_Momof3

how tall does it go as a booster, please??

also, how deep is the seat, as well as the measurement to each of the crotch strap positions, please.

oh... and of course, don't forget to take measurements and send them to the database!

also, how much harness height was lost after install... compared to the Nautilus (in my dodge caravan, we lost a good inch just by installing it)

LuvMyCharlie

Just wanted to add that my DS outgrew the MA before he was three years old.
4538835727_4e1b74df91.jpg

He's in a ProSport now and dead even with the third slots(note to self: move up harness) without the recline block or 'butt padding.' It will definitely last him until four, hopefully five. I don't know how long we'll keep him harnessed, but it may or may not be his last harnessed seat. I bought it knowing that and also preparing to have to buy another harnessed seat before he's ready to be boostered full-time. Anyway, just wanted to add that in case it helped anyone. :)

cookie123

He's in a ProSport now and dead even with the third slots(note to self: move up harness) without the recline block or 'butt padding.' It will definitely last him until four, hopefully five. I don't know how long we'll keep him harnessed, but it may or may not be his last harnessed seat. I bought it knowing that and also preparing to have to buy another harnessed seat before he's ready to be boostered full-time. Anyway, just wanted to add that in case it helped anyone. :)

Cute MA!

OP:
So in the photos, are the seats backs even - like up against the wall or something? The depth of the Prosport seems much more than the Nauti. Is there more crotch room? Also it seems more narrow than the Nauti, is it?

Is that the blue opal? It looks much different on the photos in online stores. And I don't see that base in those either.

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks for any answers.

Last edited:

Spam

Cute MA!

OP:
So in the photos, are the seats backs even - like up against the wall or something? The depth of the Prosport seems much more than the Nauti. Is there more crotch room? Also it seems more narrow than the Nauti, is it?

Is that the blue opal? It looks much different on the photos in online stores. And I don't see that base in those either.

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks for any answers.

The seats were against the wall, recline was on both of them. There is more crotch room in the prosport. I don't think it's really more narrow, more just the shape of wings compared to sort of flared sides of the gn. It's blue opal.

A is about a .5" over the third position when installed w/out recline and butt pad. When I moved it up, it just seemed really high, so I put the recline on and the butt pad thingy in. He loses room with install, much like the gn. I plan to buy another fr85 in the next month or so. I have no idea how long he's going to last in the prosport, hopefully four or five, but if I have to replace it with fr85 I have no problem doing that either.

I installed the prosport this afternoon and didn't take anymore measurements. others have though:thumbsup:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=132810&highlight=prosport
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=135417&highlight=prosport
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=136978&highlight=prosport

henrietta

Re: A few prosport pics and

Thank you, that helps a lot. I do know that he'll start to sprout legs at some point, but I'm pretty sure that he'll have outgrown or be close to outgrowing the FPSVD by the time he's 3 in August (and his Blvd, which I bought from Britax as a replacement for our Decathlon knowing that he'd outgrow it, b/c my baby niece can use it).

We have a Regent, but I don't know if ds1 will want to let go of it yet...I'm sure he can be convinced for a bribe...LOL I've got a while on the Regent before it expires. Just pondering what we'll do...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC