1 year later, thanks for all you do!

rachelandtyke

I've now been here an entire year! Thought I'd share about the kids in my life that you've kept safer because of that. :)

Obviously, there are my 2 kids that are much safer due to all I have learned.

I have one friend who is rear facing her 15 month old because of information I learned here and was able to share.

I have another friend who is rear facing her 19 month old (in a now properly installed seat - her DH always did it, but I was able to teach her how one day), has a 4 year old properly restrained in his harnessed seat, has a wiggly 6 year old in a Frontier 85 instead of a booster (she didn't know there were any harnessed seats he'd fit in), and a 9 year old who doesn't pass the 5 step test (which she had never heard of) still in a booster because of what I have learned here.

And I have a third friend with 2 kids, soon to be 3, that I was able to help. She recently had me help her with a 3 across to accomodate the new baby (which we did because of things I learned here). During that time, I was also able to teach her (using the manual and example) how to install her seats herself with lap/shoulder belts as she'd only ever used LATCH, explain the importance of the top tether on her forward facing seats, and explain why the thick towel under the seats wasn't a good idea.

Thanks to all you do and share and teach, you have helped at least 10 children this year to be safer in the car, just by helping me and doing what you do everyday. :thumbsup:

Thank you!

One day, when I can be away from my children for the class, I hope to become a CPST. :) But in the meantime, I have learned a lot to help keep my children and those in my circle quite a bit safer. I look forward to learning even more! :)

ETA: and my husband would like me to comment on the fact that we have quite a few more seats than we did a year ago :whistle:

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC