ISO any good deals on lightweight double stroller

Angela

I'm looking for a double umbrella stroller. I don't want to spend much (preferably under $100). It will be used for daycare kiddos. I've been borrowing a Cosco? one from a friend, but I've been using it constantly and really want one of my one.

ADS

ctbcleveland

Watch ebay for the Chicco Double Umbrella Strollers. They are no-longer made, but I think decent for the money. (one auction ends in 35 minutes)

Alternatively, consider going up in price for the Baby Jogger City Micro Double. It will be $200 with free shipping. I know this is double what you want to pay, but your resale should make it worth it.

Angela

Thanks for the ebay reminder. I tend to forget about them, just because of shipping costs. I'll have to keep my eyes open there.

Yeah, I've beens scouring CL too. Hopefully something will come up soon. :)

Athena

At that price, I think you'll have to buy used to get a good one. Do you have a good craigslist? I'd check daily.

The Chiccos (model = twin trevi I think) were $200 new so maybe you could find a used one for $100. I tried it in the store and considered buying it. There were a couple things I didn't like about it (wider than I wanted, fold clip on just one side), but overall it seemed fairly nice.

If you are looking for new, I think you'll be looking at around $200, but you'd have some nice choices with good resale values. If you want to stick with the umbrella fold, Albeebaby.com has a Maclaren Twin Triumph for $190 in coffee (pretty:)).
http://www.albeebaby.com/maclaren-2009-twin-triumph-stroller-coffee-brown.html
Or if you'd consider a flat fold, they have the Baby Jogger City Micro for $200 in all colors but slate. (We love our red.:))
http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger-city-micro-double-stroller-in-red.html

I hope this helps!

Angela

At that price, I think you'll have to buy used to get a good one. Do you have a good craigslist? I'd check daily.

The Chiccos (model = twin trevi I think) were $200 new so maybe you could find a used one for $100. I tried it in the store and considered buying it. There were a couple things I didn't like about it (wider than I wanted, fold clip on just one side), but overall it seemed fairly nice.

If you are looking for new, I think you'll be looking at around $200, but you'd have some nice choices with good resale values. If you want to stick with the umbrella fold, Albeebaby.com has a Maclaren Twin Triumph for $190 in coffee (pretty:)).
http://www.albeebaby.com/maclaren-2009-twin-triumph-stroller-coffee-brown.html
Or if you'd consider a flat fold, they have the Baby Jogger City Micro for $200 in all colors but slate. (We love our red.:))
http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger-city-micro-double-stroller-in-red.html

I hope this helps!

Thanks for the info!! I'm clueless when it comes to strollers. I'm going to keep looking for used. If I can't find anything in the next month or so, I'll probably go ahead and buy new. So it sounds like the Chicco, Maclaren and Baby Jogger would be good brands to go with?

Athena

So it sounds like the Chicco, Maclaren and Baby Jogger would be good brands to go with?

I've read some people like the Inglesina umbrella doubles. I don't they are making them now, but were a couple years ago so you may find one used. I think it's called the Swift Twin. It looks quite similar to the Mac Twin, but I've never seen one in person. That's the only other one that comes to mind.

I have had both an Inglesina and a Maclaren double stroller. I found the Inglesina much easier to push and steer and ended up getting rid of the Maclaren. My youngest two are 23 months apart so I was using the stroller with different sized children.

Athena

Good to know! I found our 2008 Mac easy to steer with my little ones (about 23 months apart too) when they were little, but the overall weight became much more strenuous to push at ages 2 and 4. :) I never noticed a problem with uneven weight, even with just my 2 year old in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC