A quick comparison - FR80 as a booster vs PWSGL (pics)

aeormsby

I had to rearrange seats yesterday so I finally got to try out the SGL in our Saturn Outlook. I also stuck DD in the Frontier80 to see how it compared as a booster (she is typically harnessed in the Frontier, just got the PWSGL as a back up because it was a great deal). Stats are: 40lb, 41.5" tall, not sure on torso, turning 5 in 3 weeks.

Parkway (I didn't bother latching it in for the pictures, not sure if that would change the position of anything or not):
100_2599.JPG

100_2601.JPG

100_2602.JPG

Frontier80 (I didn't do any adjustments from how it's set up with the harness, I am surprised at how well the belt fit her)
100_2607.JPG

100_2604.JPG

And for comparison, from about a month ago, harnessed in the FR (I think she has about 3 clicks of harness left).
100_2144.JPG

ADS

MissAllyLou

Both are really good fits :thumbsup: .

I like the SG fit better, because of the SG clip, it keeps the lap belt nice and low. Can I ask how much she weighs? Just curious. She fits really well!

I have the SG (not latch) for my tall skinny mini, and it also fits him well. I skipped the parkway for my younger boy and just went with a turbo, because he's short and skinny. Now I'm wondering if the SG might be a great fit for him, too. I'd love to have matching cows!

christineka

I had the frontier85 for awhile. You had to change the recline block around for booster mode. I found that the lap belt fit was better when in proper booster mode. Do you have to do that with the 80? Also, the sg clip is available as an accessory for the frontier. (Not sure if it is just the 85 or for both.) I like that option better than just the parkway sg.

aeormsby

She's 40lb so just at the min for booster weight for both of them.

The reline block is back (booster mode) on the Frontier. It automatically flips back when you lift it up (kind of annoying because I've forgotten to flip it forward to install it sometimes). I think on the 85 they made it so it would lock into either position?

And the Frontier was REALLY hard to buckle, that is a wide seat. It was sitting right up against the buckle stalk and the buckle (male end) is angled a little so I kind of had to shove the Frontier over so I could get it buckled. It was much easier to buckle the Parkway since it's narrower.

Kat_Momof3

you can get the sg clip for the frontier

and I prefer the fit on the frontier... the lap belt expesially, but also the shoulderbelt... the headrest is able to be more fitted to her without it being as close to the edge of her shoulder.

luckyclov

Ooooh, I love that Livia pattern!

Great pics! I agree, though, I think the FR provides a better belt fit.:thumbsup:

flipper68

Senior Community Member
Ooooh, I love that Livia pattern!

Great pics! I agree, though, I think the FR provides a better belt fit.:thumbsup:

I think they both look good. The picture of the PW is deceiving. It looks like parkway is that DC is posing with her chest puffed up/pushed out - the classic "The harness is too tight" look. If she was sitting relaxed as she is in the Frontier, I think the fit would be even more similar.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC