Tried out car seats today...

Mom2FiveGirls

We had to run some errands not too far from Buy Buy Baby, so I decided to run in so I could try Lillian in a Radian and a CA. I know we are going to need a new seat when we get a new van (hopefully in the next few months). I'm going to have to get 3 across in the third row of whatever we end up getting (right now we're looking at a 2001-2002ish Odyssey or a 2003-2005ish Grand Caravan or Town and Country). Here she is in the Radian:

7.jpg

6.jpg

and in the CA:

5.jpg

4.jpg
(what the heck are the rubber things at the harness slots?!? She said they were really bothering her when they were under the harness (so touching her neck) but I didn't know what the heck they were or where they were supposed to be...)

How much time do you think she'd have left in each of them? I really just need her to fit in it a year or so (at least 6 months) then I could put Ella in her seat and move her to the second row in a HBB. Here is Ella in the Radian:

8.jpg

And here is Ella in a MA70 just because she flipped out when she saw it and declared it the "most beautiful car seat ever!!" and just had to try it out. :)

2.jpg

1.jpg
(highest harness setting)
3.jpg

ADS

cpsaddict

I heart the Alison Marathon 70, except that it shows every speck of dirt. I thouht on the last pic you were saying it was on the highest slot and I was thinking, uh, no, the headrest should be above the shell, then I realized you meant the second to last picture. Duh. Don't mind me...

Mom2FiveGirls

I heart the Alison Marathon 70, except that it shows every speck of dirt. I thouht on the last pic you were saying it was on the highest slot and I was thinking, uh, no, the headrest should be above the shell, then I realized you meant the second to last picture. Duh. Don't mind me...

I guess I could have made that a little more clear :) I just wanted to see how much room she'd have left so I moved it up to the highest setting. I wish I had a reason to need one :)

babyherder

Looks like your older dd would have more room in the complete air. I recommend the one with purple butterflies.

Mom2FiveGirls

Looks like your older dd would have more room in the complete air. I recommend the one with purple butterflies.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that cover! I also like the Ella cover and DD5's name is Ella so she'd love that. I swear I thought I read somewhere that you could use the radian even after the child's shoulders were over the top harness slot as long as the tops of their ears weren't over the top of the shell? Or did I dream that?

babyherder

You're right about the radian. Shoulders over the top slots is allowed as long as the child isn't above the overall height limit. But a lot of kids (I've heard) say its uncomfortable.

I like the Ella cover on the CA too. Plus its a lighter color so it wouldn't get as hot in the sun.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC