Can you guess DD's installation error?

cookie123

Back Story: DD installed Matthew's radian ff in her car after the vomiting incident. (She was using the back up Avenue at the time of the vomiting because she had to leave the Radian and Matthew with me when his dad's car broke down.)

So, I haven't heard of this install error exactly. Can you guess what it is?

ADS

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
Wow, she invented a new installation error? LOL

I'm going to guess that she hooked the top tether to a lower anchor.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
FF with the RF boot and belt through the RF belt path?

I have no practical experience with the Radian so I have no idea if that is even possible.

cookie123

Wow, she invented a new installation error? LOL

I'm going to guess that she hooked the top tether to a lower anchor.

More a variation on a theme, I think. And sorry, no photo. She told me after she brought it in the house to fix it a bit.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Connected the safestop to the tether?

Seems like she might have known to move the straps, but maybe not how to use the safestop? I think he is under 40 pounds, correct?

Baylor

I have no guess but I am guessing that since her mom is a Tech.. This should be good... :D

cookie123

Well what she did was use the forward facing belt path, as I told her, with the seatbelt, which was fine. BUT she decided to continue to use the rear facing belt path with latch,too. More is safer, right?

She told me she used the ff belt path, but when she brought in the seat, the latch strap was in the rf path, which was my tip off to ask a question. She brought it in so we could remove the harness covers we were using to keep Matt from pushing the chest clip down and taking his arms out, and also she hadn't put the harness at or above for ff. He needed the first unslanted slot.

Oh, she did take off the recline boot. I DID tell her to do the other stuff, but the safe stop is missing, of course. She may not totally be to blame for that. Maybe I took it off so it wouldn't get lost and put it somewhere. Maybe it's where the latch strap I took off the Avenue and put in a safe place is.:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC