Peg Perego SIP convertible

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
They don't show the entire seat with the headrest up. But it doesn't look tall.

Way to go on the naming, Peg! They spent even less than Graco or Dorel.

Wendy

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
If you go to "photo gallery" there is a picture of a preschool-aged child FF'ing in it, with the headrest all the way up. She looks petite and the seat looks maxed out height wise.

Athena

Wow, I wouldn't think anyone would waste their time coming out with new seats that didn't rear face to at least 35 pounds. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I just sent an e-mail telling them how unhappy I am that it only RF to 30 pounds. Maybe if enough people complain, they'll re-test to at least 35.

luckyclov

30-lb RF limit? Lame.:thumbsdown:

Unfortunately, I think the seat will sell just fine as-is. Peg Perego is a "label" and people will buy it just because of that and also assuming it's top-notch. I know people like that IRL. And, I bet a 30-lb RF limit is perfectly acceptable (and not even paid attention to, for that matter) to the majority out there. Sigh.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Anyone who has ever read one of my posts about the Peg infant seat knows I'm not in any way a fan of that seat.

I probably won't be a fan of this one, either.

But it's possible that this seat might serve some sort of niche like the Coccoro does, depending on how it fits newborns and how much room it takes up. (Because of the taller base it looks like it would take up more room than the Coccoro, but I'd have to see it in person.)

Overall, though, yeah, not impressed, although I really didn't expect to be.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I am buying one...just for fun and because it is so cute. But I don't understand why they would give their convertible the same rf'ing weight limit as their infant seat.:confused:

Athena

I just heard back from my email to Peg. I was told that the seat is still in the design and testing phase and that my comments have been forwarded to the two people who are actually responsible for the design and testing of the seat! Talk about results! yippee!

I'd like to encourage others to email.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC