Baby Jogger City Mini $176.36

ADS

Athena

Wasn't there someone on here recently looking for a deal on this and specifically hoping to find the orange? Anyone remember who it was?

keri1292

2011 has a strap to make the seat more upright and includes the PE boards to help with the slouching kiddo syndrome.

I will be selling lemonade in my front yard to get Mitchell a Plum single. Actually, I may have to sell a little more than lemonade, but it's worth it. :whistle:

ZephyrBlue

Well, I compared the non-strap/non-PE board model side by side today to one of the newer ones, and I hope the orange/grey one from RFS is the older model, because it's gonna be here on Tuesday :whistle:

The seatback was VERY rigid and hard w/the new PE board. I had my 8yo sit in both and she much prefered the softer seatback of the older model. Really, I don't find that there is enough slouching (even with a smaller kiddo) to warrant the straps. Just my :twocents:, though. And I'm happy with the $169.xx deal that I got, too ;)

Keeanh

... Actually, I may have to sell a little more than lemonade, but it's worth it. :whistle:

That just sounds all wrong :p.

Well, I compared the non-strap/non-PE board model side by side today to one of the newer ones, and I hope the orange/grey one from RFS is the older model, because it's gonna be here on Tuesday :whistle:

The seatback was VERY rigid and hard w/the new PE board. I had my 8yo sit in both and she much prefered the softer seatback of the older model. Really, I don't find that there is enough slouching (even with a smaller kiddo) to warrant the straps. Just my :twocents:, though. And I'm happy with the $169.xx deal that I got, too ;)

If you do happen to get a new one (which I doubt), you can likely take the board out. I heard that some of the first ones with the board came with the board loose in the box and you put it in yourself.

ZephyrBlue

Keeanh, yep, a friend and I dismantled the one with the board today at BRU, lol! It's not super easy to get it out, but definately do-able.

Spam

I'm super happy with my city mini I scored for $84 from strollers.com returns. It's a 2011 model, but I've never played with the older one so I don't which one I would actually prefer. I'm hoping to get a double, probably one of the older ones as they clearance them out.

urchin_grey

I'm super happy with my city mini I scored for $84 from strollers.com returns. It's a 2011 model, but I've never played with the older one so I don't which one I would actually prefer. I'm hoping to get a double, probably one of the older ones as they clearance them out.

Wow, awesome score!

I just ordered one today for $180 from a baby store on ebay. It looks like they may be a return type of store too because they have a lot of different things. Strollers, carseats, and high chairs mostly.

msg221

2011 has a strap to make the seat more upright and includes the PE boards to help with the slouching kiddo syndrome.

I will be selling lemonade in my front yard to get Mitchell a Plum single. Actually, I may have to sell a little more than lemonade, but it's worth it. :whistle:

I've been stalking the purple/gray one as well. I love that color! I think it's not being released/shipped or whatever until March. Maybe I will start trying to sell the other strollers on CL now to help fund that one!

poohbear

Sorry, just saw this! Everyone else has pretty much answered already:)

I have put a 2010 and a 2011 side by side and I found that the 2011 does sit more upright, even without the upright straps in place (I didn't even attach the upright straps and I noted that the seat sat at a more upright angle). The PE board does make the seat very firm. My LO doesn't mind it though - it's no more firm than a Maclaren Ryder. I had made a board for my 2010 and it was slighly less firm.
The PE board in the 2011 is removable and you can buy a PE board for the 2010.
If you feel you need a seat that sits more upright, I'd probably opt for the 2011. If not, a 2010 is fine - just make a board or order one (you can get one for $12 from www.countrymoosekids.com)

Obviously if I found one for $80 on csn returns (I never find anything but Britax Chaperones and Cosco umbrellas on there), I wouldn't care what year it was!

HTH! :)

ETA - http://www.babyboutiqueoutlet.com/s...&-Accessories-cln-Single-Strollers/Categories has 2010s for $169 shipped. $10 off your first order...

Last edited:

ZephyrBlue

The one I got from RFS was indeed the older 2010 w/out the PE board (yay!) so I'm happy with that. Bad thing- the stroller was obviously gently used and was described as clearance/overstock grade A+, so I was not pleased with scratches on the frame and smudges on the skins (the wheels had been taken outside, but they aren't *worn*) I emailed them and they are giving me 50% off for a total of $90 :eek: Great customer service, IMO.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC