Parent's Magazine - vent

Michi

I got my current issue of Parent's and there is a contest about "show us your mess maker' - (a.k.a. - how dirty is your car) - and I was appalled at the photo they had of the kids in the car. NOT the mess...but the car seat usage - or lack thereof!!! :thumbsdown:

scan0005.jpg

ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
This is in the Family Fun magazine as well.

It isn't Parents that is sponsering it... it's another company that sells wipes or some other such thing.

It's ridiculous though. And the kid is purposefully pouring soda down the middle. Ugh.

mamato2

That's bad! Perhaps we should all submit photos of our properly restrained children in their tidy vehicles. We can explain that due to being comfortable and safely seated (and understanding the hazards of projectiles) that this is as messy as our kids get!!
They might not get it. :rolleyes:
C.

Simplysomething

it would be a lie, if I wrote that my kids don't get messy. Now there would be NO pouring of the drink out....but...my car is MESSY.

But at least the kids are properly buckled, even if covered in crud much of the time.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I noticed it, too, the very first time I flipped through this month's Parents. Why wouldn't they at least picture the kids sitting in boosters? I just don't get it!!!

jn__

I must be the last person on earth that doesn't let their kid drink or eat in the car. I'm just too much of a neat freak :)

InTheWoods

Sadly, I think that picture of the kids not in boosters -- they look about 7, 8, 9 years old? -- represents most of America.

It's a wonder one of them isn't in the front seat. (I see that a lot around here, really little kids in front seats, no booster.)

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
I must be the last person on earth that doesn't let their kid drink or eat in the car. I'm just too much of a neat freak :)

Well, I'm right behind you then...because the only time they are allowed drinks in the car is when we're on an extended drive, and then it's only water and only in strawcups. (Yes, even my oldest)

SpaceAngel

I saw the ad in Family Fun and the first thing I thought was, Both those kids need boosters!! You fine folks are rubbing off on me.

cmm7

I saw that too and I was HORRIFIED by the belt on the girl's neck. How can people even think that is right?

Jordynsmama

OMG Too funny, I just was reading this, saw the same pic and thought OMG where are the boosters? and thought of all you guys who would be so mad!!

Loves2sing

I hate having a messy car!! My husband would go BALISTIC if he saw my car in that condition, and our kids would be sold on the black market that same day, but if my kids were that bratty, I think I would agree! LOL, J/K! But it is completley irresponsible of a PARENTING magazine to post that kind of a picture. Especially when I read on another thread about the same magazine having a special in it about the proper way to use a car seat. Maybe they need to read ahead!

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
I hate having a messy car!! My husband would go BALISTIC if he saw my car in that condition, and our kids would be sold on the black market that same day, but if my kids were that bratty, I think I would agree! LOL, J/K! But it is completley irresponsible of a PARENTING magazine to post that kind of a picture. Especially when I read on another thread about the same magazine having a special in it about the proper way to use a car seat. Maybe they need to read ahead!

lol...my car never looks quite that bad...but it gets close...good thing DH loves me, or Id be sold on the black market...:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC