I'm about to hit myself in the head with this naked TurboBooster

I just traded covers with someone...

I got the other one off no problem but yeah.... um how THE HELL do I get this one on???:confused::confused::confused: I can't get the headrest part on to save my life and it's about to be thrown off my porch in to the woods/jungle...

Either help me or laugh, either is fine.

ADS
It's ok Judi, I'm actually laughing at myself now. I can't get the headwing parts on AT. ALL!

It's almost as if they've changed the shape or something... and it's like this fabric is too small/tight to go on these headwings, period. (or I'm Turbo stupid :rolleyes:)

This shell originally came with the Lizards In Line cover and I'm trying to get the Blue/beige current Target pattern on it.

Off to take pictures which will likely make me look more Turbo stupid....

Ok seriously I feel dumb right now... the whole shape of this cover seems different. Who knows if these pics will even make sense!

242.jpg

239.jpg

Ok, it fits perfectly on th foam...but not over the plastic shell... I'm retarded, I'm sure.
244.jpg

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Wasn't there talk in a thread...somewhere about the head rest looking different? Or maybe I should just go hang out in the idiot corner.

I'm not sure...I feel like it's supposed to go under the red part somehow but there are screws there...I didn't remove any screws to get the other cover off so I should have to remove any to get this one on!

Oh well... this blows :rolleyes:

I am *really* happy that you're in the idiot corner with me for now :whistle: You have no idea how happy I was that you were also still confused after the pics/attempted explanation.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
No screws except for the armrests that need any screwing on the turbo. Just loops of elastic and hooks. Trying to find a pic.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
booster_graco_turbo.jpg

The red is your belt guide. It shouldn't be covered.

are you promoting aftermarket products now :whistle:

:ROTFLMAO:

(tired and getting punchy...waiting for the stupid dryer to finish so I can put DH's uniforms in to dry for tomorrow :rolleyes:

Kat_Momof3

the headrest portion is always tricky... and bear with me, I'm writing this from memory... I haven't had to put a cover on a turbobooster in a good while... but it is an experience that sticks in my mind.

start on one side... work it over the wing, sliding the bottom portion (focus on bottom first) between the wing and the belt guide... then slide the top part over and work until the wing is all the way in and it is snug...

then, repeat on the other side

finally, work each of those little loops to where they need to be.

the bottom loops are key in getting that extra fabric to not look like it is extra fabric... really wish I had one... I'd go take pics/a quick video

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus

Oh no - some Turbos actually come with the neck pillow. My dd has one. She thinks it's ridiculous LOL!

OP, I'm sorry, I'm no help. It looks like a true incompatibility to me...

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Hold the phone - I just stripped a GN, and I noticed it looked similar. On the GN, the headrest cover slips on ABOVE the shoulder belt adjuster. I can't tell from your pics, but is there a slot right above the red on your Turbo? Can you slip the cover in there?

christineka

We had that exact seat which came with that Graco brand pillow. That pillow just fell out of my closet last night, I snapped a photo of it, and am now intending to attempt to get someone to take it from me. Why I didn't send it with the booster when I sold it, I do not know.

I switched around the covers of my turboboosters. It was tricky. You have to tuck the cover up into the little space by the red belt guides.

jsmom

I think that the shape of the headwings did change. We have 2 TBs one from like 2 years ago and one that was bought less than 6 months ago. The newer one seems to have a "chunkier" head rest.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC