WWYD?Change seats around or get a new seat?

chelle80

Right now my carseats are like this, Dakota in a radian, Kaleb in a graco gargo and Colton in a FPSVD. Now my questions...Colton still fits in his SS1(he only weighs 18lbs), but i got him a FPSVD before they quit making them. Kaleb has only 4lbs before he outgrows the cargo and then he was to go into the radian. But Dakota is no where near ready for a booster. Kaleb still fits in the FPSVD, he would be using the next to top slots, so i was thinking...put Colton back in his SS1, Kaleb in the FPSVD and leave Daokta in the radian. However i have the opportunity to be able to get another FPSVD for Kaleb. SO WWYD, put Colton back in his SS1 and give the FPSVD to Kaleb or leave Colton in the FPSVD and just get a new one for Kaleb? I am leaning toward just getting another FPSVD.

ADS

broken4u05

I love new seats so i would get one. Is that the seat you will want later? because sooner or later you are going to need a new seat. Unless you were waiting for recaro to come out i would say get a new seat.

Simplysomething

Kaleb is in a cargo, three lbs away from the limit
Colton is the FPSVD, but has a ss1.
Dakota is in the radian.

How much room does Dakota have in the radian?
I think I'd get another FPSVD for him.

trailrunnermom

Since you can see Kaleb in the FPSVD and see how much room he has in it, if you think that's enough to last until Dakota is ready to move out of the Radian, then I'd say the FPSVD would be the way to go.

If it's easier to use the SS1 for any reason (convenience, ease of use, etc.), then you could go ahead and put that back into use while you think about it. But if it's easier to have the baby in a convertible seat, I'd keep him there. (I switched my boys to a convertible seat at 5-6 months because the carrier was just too heavy for me). :)

Also, can you tell if the two FPSVD will fit next to each other RF/FF? And then FF/FF in the future?

chelle80

Kaleb is in a cargo, three lbs away from the limit
Colton is the FPSVD, but has a ss1.
Dakota is in the radian.

How much room does Dakota have in the radian?
I think I'd get another FPSVD for him.

Dakota is in the top slots, his shoulders are right at the next to top slots. I plan on leaving him in it, because i can't fit a regent back there with the other 2 seats.

I know Kaleb will need a new seat in a few months to maybe a year, i am having problem deciding if i need to go ahead and buy him a FSPVD now(before they quit making them) or wait untill he outgrows the cargo. When he outgrows the cargo he will go into the radian, but then i would either have to get another radian or put Dakota in a booster. FWIW, Dakota still fits in the FPSVD, height and weight wise,lol!!!

chelle80

Since you can see Kaleb in the FPSVD and see how much room he has in it, if you think that's enough to last until Dakota is ready to move out of the Radian, then I'd say the FPSVD would be the way to go.

If it's easier to use the SS1 for any reason (convenience, ease of use, etc.), then you could go ahead and put that back into use while you think about it. But if it's easier to have the baby in a convertible seat, I'd keep him there. (I switched my boys to a convertible seat at 5-6 months because the carrier was just too heavy for me). :)

Also, can you tell if the two FPSVD will fit next to each other RF/FF? And then FF/FF in the future?

Kalebs shoulders are about 2" below the top slot in the FPSVD. Dakota is almost 7 and still fits height wise(he is about 1" below the top slot), they are all legs right now. They are following about the same in their growth, so i could get 2-3 yrs out of the FPSVD for Kaleb.

I quit using the SS1 as a carrier a few months ago, i just left it in the car. The only time i would find it more convientant is when he is left with MIL, since we are known to just leave him with no notice,lol. We show up to visit and they want to keep him, and i have to leave the carseat.

Not sure if i can fit 2 FPSVD next to each other, but I can fit the radian in the center and a FPSVD on either side. I was able to install the radian center and the FPSVD RF and FF on either side.

Here is a pic of Kaleb in the FPSVD(don't pay attention to him being dirty, he hadn't showered yet,lol)

SD530582.jpg
SD530579.jpg

Simplysomething

My original post, it makes it look like I was saying get a FPSVD for the boy in the Radian. I was actually referring to the kiddo in the cargo, sorry about that.

And no worries about the dirty kid. They get that way sometimes. Like daily, here. My almost 7 year old WALLOWS in dirt.

chelle80

My original post, it makes it look like I was saying get a FPSVD for the boy in the Radian. I was actually referring to the kiddo in the cargo, sorry about that.

And no worries about the dirty kid. They get that way sometimes. Like daily, here. My almost 7 year old WALLOWS in dirt.

LOL, i knew what you meant.

arly1983

If you do the switch the seat, eventually you will have to get a new seat...

To me it would be a do I like the radian or FPSVD better????

You know both can fit. Whichever one you like better, get that one.

Keep in mind that Kaleb will have more time harnessed in a radian than a FPSVD so therefore so will Dakota. Also that the Radian expires in 7 years as opposed to six years. Just something to think about...

chelle80

I actually thought about that, but right now we can't swing the extra $70. What we figured was that we would get another FPSVD, and when kaleb outgrew that, which would probably be at least 2y, then he would get Dakota's radian and Dakota would get a booster. Then the extra FPSVD would be Colton's extra seat for either daddys truck or grandmas envoy.

chelle80

Could you wait a little while and see if Amazon has the radina for $130 again?

I didn't know they put the radian down that low. That is what i would prefer to have for him, but the extra $70 was/is the problem. I guess i will wait then, maybe i can catch it on sale, thanks.

arly1983

Keep checking amazon. I know of three separate times they had the radian on sale for $130. Just check the price every day. Usually it was a one day sale...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC