Replace Avenue or get a Maestro?

cookie123

What would YOU do?

The replacement harness is $48 for the puked on Avenue. That included shipping, I believe. A new Avenue is $59 at Albee right now - don't know about shipping though. This is a back up seat for dd for Matthew, who is at 31- 32 lbs depending on the day. I was thinking maybe we should just scrap it and get a Maestro.

Actually I was kind of hoping that dd would start acting like a parent and figure out what to do or at least ask me what to do, without me volunteering to do it for her.:rolleyes:

ADS

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
Personally, I would go for a Maestro. Make it simple with one less seat change in the future, especially since she doesn't seem particularly inclined to be proactive about that kind of stuff.

Evolily

I'd probably do the maestro. You could always try an ISO in swap to see if anyone has an extra harness avenue lying around.

cookie123

That's what I'm thinking, too. I haven't seen the results of the vomiting, but it sounded pretty bad. I'm going to wait a bit and see what, if anything, she does about the problem. Target's a .4 miles away if some kind of emergency arises!

Pixels

Holy heck, that's expensive for just the harness!

I'd do the Maestro as well for a 3yo.

if you want, I believe I have a spare avenue harness? from my avenue that had to be replaced when the eps fell off.. pm me if you want it.

cookie123

ehh onside air has a much shorter shell than the avenue.. it is just a scenera with extra foam on the sides of the shell

I wondered how they compared. Matthew outgrew the RA40, isn't it about the same as a Scenera heightwise?

He can rf a couple more lbs in the Avenue. DD ff'd him in the Radian after the vomiting incident. He's 31ish pounds.

Meghan, I pm'd you.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC