Find a flaw in my plan...

AtTheSouthDam

Christmas is over so I can plan new carseats now.
DD1 needs a new booster for DH's car. In a Harmony lite rider she is eeking over the head rest in his civic. Her ears are getting close, we need a HBB.
DD2 needs something with a higher weight limit since she has finally caught on to this whole eating/growing thing.

So... What if I pick up a PKWY SG and FR85? DD1 can use the PKWY until she out grows it, about an 1.5" of torso height. DD2 will obviously be harnessed in the FR85. When DD1 outgrows the PKWY SG then DD2 can have it with it nice SG clip and DD1 can use the Frontier as a booster since it goes another 1.5" which will hopefully get her passing the 5 step test in the Civic (eventually the long torso will sprout legs, right?)
Second Bonus would be both are available in Cow so the girls can have matching seats which will send them squealing and less likely to argue when it comes time to trade.

Will this work? I am hoping the current sales hold out until payday :D

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Good idea. Just wondering if the FR85 will fit with the headrest all the way up, in booster mode.

babyherder

The new parkway has had some lapbelt fit issues. If your younger dd is on the smaller side I'm not sure the sgl would fit her correctly. I think the double cow = :love:

AtTheSouthDam

Good idea. Just wondering if the FR85 will fit with the headrest all the way up, in booster mode.

This is why everyone loves you. I won't fit. It looks like it will hit the ceiling around 34" :( So either she passes the 5 step by then or she doesn't ride in DH's car. But it would fit in my van and would be just as useful there, right? Especially since I have bench seats in both rows.

AtTheSouthDam

The new parkway has had some lapbelt fit issues. If your younger dd is on the smaller side I'm not sure the sgl would fit her correctly. I think the double cow = :love:

Well, hopefully she grows a LOT before then since she's a bit too narrow in the shoulders for the TB. We are keeping the YS though, because the booster fits her so well now and she still has two height adjustments to go (don't panic, she's not in a booster. Still not quite 40# and she says she likes the harness better).
I, however, am not a huge cow fan but I am finding it growing on me as the other choices just don't appeal to me. It's boring or Brown and pink lately, YKWIM?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
34"? Yikes! Yeah, I bring this up, because we are having issues with Scatterbunny Focus also. The van, yeah, no issues.

AtTheSouthDam

Would things be better in a Mini? DH is getting a Mini when the van is payed off (Summer 2012). I don't think she would need the highest before 8.5 years, would she?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
No clue. Never been in the back, or front even, of a mini. Doesn't Wendy know about them?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
And no, she wouldn't need the highest setting by 8.5. I can fit (by height) in that seat, and I am 5'7"!

IMG_1205-1.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC