Question Land's End Thermacheck 300 jackets question

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
I'm wanting to get G & K the Thermacheck 300 jackets for next year. They are marked down to 39.99 right now, but I would love to get them cheaper. Even at the mark down, I feel like that is a lot. Does anyone know if they will go lower?

Or is there a better or more affordable car seat friendly windproof fleece jacket out there? I hate what we ended up with this year (Osh Kosh reversible jacket from Kohls) and don't want to make the same mistake next year.

ADS

Athena

We're still waiting for ours to arrive. I ordered the 300 for this year because our 200 isn't warm enough for this cold winter. :( I'm hoping it's noticeably warmer than the 200. I think the thermacheck is just wind resistant, not windproof, but works fairly well. I've had some fleece that the wind went right through.

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
yeah - I meant wind resistant :eek:. I'm just afraid that if I wait too long to see if the price will go down more they'll be gone.

Athena

Ours finally arrived! It is quite nice. I don't know if these are model year changes or upgrades for the 300 level jacket, but I noticed two differences between this year's 300 and last year's 200 jackets. First, there is a waist drawstring in the 300 jacket. Children's clothing are not allowed to have drawstrings, but these are hidden and the tighteners are in the pockets so maybe that is allowed and does seem like a useful feature to keep out those cold drafts. Second, there is a wind guard under the zipper. The 200 jacket just has a zipper with nothing under it so wind could come through the zipper, whereas this has a nicely sized piece of fleece overlapping the zipper under it to prevent that. Does anyone know if the new 200 jackets have these features or if it is just the 300?

Overall, I'm impressed. :thumbsup: If it didn't look much warmer, I would not have kept it because $40 is a lot for us, but to me it looks like it will be warmer. I like it so much I'm already wondering how to justify buying one for DD2. :whistle: I just hope it holds up better than her 200 jacket. After using it for one winter (last winter) and not everyday, it looked years old. :(

I hope this helps! :)

Athena

I'm just afraid that if I wait too long to see if the price will go down more they'll be gone.

I completely understand and have waited too long for price drops before and missed out. All I can tell you is that they were this same price a couple weeks ago when we ordered and they still have all the colors available in most sizes. Of course, it could be that they have only 2 available in each color .. or that they will soon only have the really awful colors left. lol. We did appreciate being able to get her favorite color. :)

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
Thanks so much for your helpful review! I'm going to call tomorrow and see if they'll tell me if they will go lower. I know it's a long shot, but I've got nothing to lose, right? Otherwise, I think I just might go for it considering how much I dislike G's current coat. The extra $ would be worth it to be able to actually keep her coat on in the car.

Athena

If they tell you anything informative, please post it. If they lower the price enough, I'd get one for DD2. I am feeling guilty that she has the 200 and big sister gets the fancier 300. :eek:

Athena

ONLY $23.99 *TODAY*!!!

The price just dropped to $29.99! AND they are giving an extra 20% TODAY ONLY!

And if you buy two, you get free shipping too!

I bought one for DD2 to wear now plus the next size up for DD1 to wear when she outgrows the one I already bought her (paid $39.99 just a couple weeks ago for DD1's). It says minimum $50 for shipping and the total after discount was less, but it must go by the pre-discounted total because it gave me free shipping.

Mommy0608

Wow, that's a great deal! Too bad I bought one for DS at full price a month or so ago. :rolleyes: I was desperate for a safe car jacket for him and this was all that I could find. So far, we love it, I just wish it didn't have a hood.

lovinwaves

We bought the 200's this year for $10 a piece and free shipping. They have been just fine for running errands, in and out of the car, etc... You can also get one of there thinner jackets to put OVER the 200 jacket if the kids are going to be outside for longer periods of time or if it is an exceptionally windy day.

Mommy0608

Yeah, I reeeeally didn't want to spend $50 on a coat for him, but it's big enough that I'm sure we'll get two winters out of it, so that makes it a little more reasonable. He has a puffy coat for playing outside, but needed something for the car and I just couldn't find anything that seemed warm enough yet thin enough that fit him well.

ginny4

THANKS!
i got a bunch of stuff. i finally decided that i'd get DD a color in the 300 that can be passed down to her brother. make it worth my while. red for a girl then boy is good right? i hope so. i got DS3 a 200 one for next year cause well the price was even better for me.
& DD needed a winter coat for next year i hope this color doesn't look totally crazy in person as it does online. DD said she liked it.....no 20% off this one but a coat for $25 is pretty darn good. it'll be a bit big so i hope she doesn't mind that either.

LOL i was going to show you the link to it & can you believe i can't find it!! i think it must be sold out now. it has these colors but got it in a parka ratehr than a jacket.
http://www.landsend.com/pp/SquallJa...re&sku_0=::PZD&CM_MERCH=IDX_00008__0000000428

THEN when i swear THIS parka that i was considering wasn't available just before i ordered the last set of stuff.....it shows up. so yeah now i ordered 2 of these in different sizes so i can see what would work best....LOL
http://www.landsend.com/pp/StormRak...2&CM_MERCH=IDX_00004__0000000428&origin=index
yeah i've ordered loads of stuff now. i'll be doing returns once everything comes.

OH i don't think you get free ship with the EXTRA20 pin 7531 code BUT you can get free ship PLUS 20 % (select) off if you spend $50 with JAN7 pin 5802

Athena

i finally decided that i'd get DD a color in the 300 that can be passed down to her brother. make it worth my while. red for a girl then boy is good right?

YES! :thumbsup: When I ordered the 300 a couple weeks ago for DD1, she chose the red. She's wearing it and loves it, so much so that when I ordered the next size up for her today (because of the great price), she chose red again. So, yes, according to my 4 yo girl, the red works very well for a girl. :) And we don't have any boys so this was completely her choice.

I should add this disclaimer - Many of the jackets have a navy trim and to me, the navy trim does make the red look more boy than girl, but not blatantly so and clearly my daughter's opinion is that the red is for girls. :) Let's hope her little sister feels the same way about it. :)

P.S. When I used the code on their site (extra 20), it gave me free shipping (just double checked), but maybe it was a fluke. Thanks for sharing the other code!

Mom2three

Thanks for all of the codes! I got both of my little kids a 300. I also got an extra 200 for like $15.00! DD will fit in it next year for sure! I ordered Friday and am very excited to get them. Last week I ordered myself and my mom a couplde of 200s on sale with free shipping. They still haven't arrived though.

ginny4

i just got one of my orders. the 300 red came.t he blue 200 is on backorder. BUT OMG THAT FLEECE is AMAZING!! i have to admit i thought fleece is fleece. no biggie. i have no idea how it actually performs for holy cow that stuff is soft, thick-ish yet not & my DD LOVES the feel of it. she says its SOOOOOOO WARM & COZY. its plenty big for her for next year & maybe even 2 years out of it.

we got one of the parkas i ordered too. i'm not as in love with but it does look cute. Price was awesome at $25. the sizing between med & large is so minimal. thinking keep the bigger of the 2. i'm waiting on the other parka i ordered her (should be here tommorrow) so we can figure out which one we all like better.

Athena

If anyone is still waiting to buy some of this great winter clearance, I got an email for an extra 25% off winter sale and clearance plus free shipping with $50 purchase. Promotion Code JAN14 and PIN 7003. HTH.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC