I have $500 to spend on new seats

AbbieJack

:love:I have $500 to spend on new seats ,I have 2 kids and i keep 3 after school .
I don't need new seats ,I just want some I dont need a new set for everyone just some lol

Jack age 2 , 28lbs , 3feet (36in) 13 in torso ,16 1/2 in seated height
(Rf in a britax roundabout 50)

Dawson age 4, 38lbs 3feet 4in (40in) 13 1/2 in torso , 21 1/2 in seated height(RF in a radian xtsl)

Abbie age 5, 36lbs , 3feet 5in (41in) 15in torso , 23 in seated height
(RF in Radian xtsl)

Shelby age 7 , 75lbs 4 feet 3in (51in) 17 in torso 26 1/2 in seated height(Riding in a harmony lite rider backless booster )

Andrew 10 seat belt

ADS

babyherder

I think a new highback booster for Shelby in a fun pattern. Your dd can use it some too. Possibilities:

http://www.gracobaby.com/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=8E01RBB

http://www.gracobaby.com/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=1770586

http://www.gracobaby.com/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=1781044

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Recaro-Booster-Midnight-Desert-Micofiber/dp/B000UCHS62/ref=dp_cp_ob_ba_image_0"]Amazon.com: Recaro Vivo High Back Booster Car Seat, Midnight Desert Micofiber: Baby[/ame]

Kat_Momof3

well, first order is a highback booster for Shelby... and with that budget, you could afford to go BIG... aka... CLEK OOBR... or Recaro Probooster... or Monterey... or Vivo

AbbieJack

I was thinking about getting a Frontier 85 ,so that every on could use it . It would mainly be for Shelby in either booster mode or harnessed if she fits. I have found them as low as $209 so that would leave around $300 left. So what else could i get? Dawson and Abbie could ff but i don't want Jack to ff til 4.

babyherder

I'd spend the money on getting coordinating covers. I'd leave all the ones rf that you have rf now. No reason to flip them. I don't think they'd be unsafe ff but having more money doesn't seem like a good reason to buy seats they'd be less safe in. I like the combos that keep Dawson in an xtsl since it seems kind of silly to buy a seat that rf for less time for him.

1. Three red xtsl with black trim. One red and black vivo.

2. Two flora xtsl. One Barlett myride. One pink vivo.

3. One or two red xtsl. One or two black with red trim complete airs. One red vivo.

4. These two complete airs (for your kids) http://www.safety1st.com/usa/eng/Pr...r-Seats/Details/2671-CC044HAW-Complete-Air-65
http://www.safety1st.com/usa/eng/Pr...r-Seats/Details/2671-CC044SUG-Complete-Air-65

5. 3 complete air SEs and this booster http://www.safety1st.com/usa/eng/Pr...9-BC027AVU-Boost-Air-Protect-Booster-Car-Seat

6. combo of old and new britax marathons in cow and a cow frontier 85.

7. Nauti in Dori, 3 flora xtsl

8. Go all Graco. 3 my rides and a HBTB.

AbbieJack

I have a love hate relationship with our radian's . I can not for the life of me get them to install very upright at ALL. I am the only one that can drive my car because i am so short that the radian behide the drivers seat does not bother me, but DH can not drive my car at all . He also hates riding in my car because he can not move the passager seat back very much with the other radian behind it. Abbie is starting to complain about the recline and it making her back hurt. I know that it is safer for them to rf but i also want them to be comfortable and safe. I'm not sure what to do:confused:

I wish there was a britax that Abbie and Dawson could rf in because i would LOVE to have a car of all cowmoo LOL . I also wish the there was a roundabout 50 cover in cowmoo but there is not :(

I could get 2 cowmoo Frontier's for Abbie and Dawson and a cowmoo Parkway sg for Shelby
Then get my booty busy selling more hairbow's so that i can get Jack a cowmoo boulevard 70 to rf in

babyherder

If Abbie is uncomfortable, I think its fine to turn her. She's 5 so at that point I would let her have a say in rf vs. ff. I would feel silly telling you to spend more money getting a seat that she'll be less safe in. But I think its fine to spend more money to get a seat she'll be comfortable in.

Cilia

I wish there was a britax that Abbie and Dawson could rf in because i would LOVE to have a car of all cowmoo LOL . I also wish the there was a roundabout 50 cover in cowmoo but there is not :(

And there is no original MA cowmoo? Because that cover fits the RA50 perfectly (apart from maybe the crotch strap hole).

April

Two FR85's for Shelby and Abbie, pass one of the XTSL's down to the youngest and sell the RA50 since its the least long-lasting (in terms of fit, not expiry dates I mean). Put at least one of them behind the drivers seat so there isn't so much of a space issue.
Posted via Mobile Device

AbbieJack

The xtsl's have to go in the front back seat . They wont fit rf in the 2nd back seat. I can put them ff in the back but only with the lap and shoulder belt . I can not get them tight enough in the center (Lap belt )no matter how much i try. So if i put them in back ff it would only leave a lap belt for 10yr Andrew . So i can not do that:thumbsdown:

I could put jack in the RA50 behind the drivers seat,Dawson in a Xtsl on the passenger side,Shelby and Abbie in Frontier (if they fit) in the back with one in the center and then Andrew in a lap and shoulder belt.

How wide are the froniter's? Are they as wide as the nautilus or are they smaller?

I really don't want to get rid of the RA50 because 3 of the kids can still ride in it and its SOOO easy to move between cars. Like if Dh decideds to take dd (Abbie) or DS (Jack) anywhere in his car , because the Radian's will not fit rf in his itty bitty car.

(NannyMOM) There is a RA50 Cowmoo cover? Where can i get one ?:love:

I guess when it stops raining i will go play musical carseats

AbbieJack

I drive a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan.

Well it finally stopped raining around 2ish,so i was able to go move the car-seats around while the baby napped .

I was able to get the 2 radian's rf in the 3rd row . One on the drivers side and one in the center. I was able to get it installed RF in with just the center lap belt but i can not get the belt tight enough if i wanted to use the radian ff in that spot.

so in the 3rd row its Dawson rf in radian xtsl (divers side with lap/shoulder belt and tethered) Abbie Rf in Radian xtsl (Center with lap belt and tethered) Andrew (Lap/shoulder belt)

2nd row Jack RF in RA50 behind the drivers seat (installed with latch and tethered) Shelby ff in a Graco nautilus (High-back booster mode)

Abbie did not complain about her back hurting or anything today :love: I think it is because i was able to get a much more upright install in the 3rd row.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC