Any installation issues?

karlatta

My mom is buying a new car, and asked me for car seat advice. I can check my LATCH manual for tether locations and stuff like that, but most of these cars I've never installed in, so I wanted to check and see if any of you knew of installation issues. The vehicles she's considering are:

Ford Explorer
Toyota Highlander
GMC Acadia

Maybe some others. She does want to stick with Ford, Toyota, Chevrolet, or GMC because those are the only local dealerships. No Honda, Suzuki, Subaru. She is leaning towards purchasing new, but I may be able to persuade her to get a slightly used one (07-10), especially if she ends up with a more expensive vehicle to get her what she's looking for.

She always has 2 car seats installed for her two local grandsons (newborn and 18 months, both RF, but they will grow up). They will ride in the second row, and she would like her new vehicle to either accommodate seats in the 3rd row as well (her current Suzuki XL7 does not), or to have a large enough 3rd row for adult passengers to ride there. She would like to be able to transport 4 adults and 2 children on road trips (to visit me!).

Oh, yeah, and it has to be powerful enough to tow a camper.

ADS

Ltaylor

LOVE the 2011 GMC Acadia.

I didnt have any issues installing DDs FR85 in the Acadia. It was a breeze and rock the car solid. It was an easier and tighter install in it than it was in my car.

I didnt test out using the seatbelt install though because it was cold and windy and I was sick.

Im pretty sure that the 3rd row seating has 3 tether anchors. It has 3 seatbelts and will fit 3 adults just fine in the 3rd row. We had me, SIL and grandma back there but no carseats in the 3rd row. Im not 100% sure if there was LATCH in the 3rd row though. I didnt pay much attention to that since we wouldnt be putting a seat back there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC