Radian vs prosport

tl01

How much more harness height does the prosport have compared to the radian? Has anyone tried it as a booster? I think I need to get rid of my FR85 but need something with which I can replace it.

ADS

sunnymw

According to the spreadsheet, the RN has a top harness height of 17" but can be used with shoulders above, and the ProSport has 18".

Spam

About an 1" according to measurements. We loose room in the prosport, so I'm thinking I'll have to replace it with the fr85. I just moved the harness slots up to the top position on the Prosport for A and he's only 2.5. We don't have a rn now, so I can't do a quick comparison shot. Haven't tried booster, since we are soooooo far from that, but there are other member pics as a booster.

tl01

About an 1" according to measurements. We loose room in the prosport, so I'm thinking I'll have to replace it with the fr85. I just moved the harness slots up to the top position on the Prosport for A and he's only 2.5. We don't have a rn now, so I can't do a quick comparison shot. Haven't tried booster, since we are soooooo far from that, but there are other member pics as a booster.

So you are saying that it seems like he has less height in the Prosport?

Spam

So you are saying that it seems like he has less height in the Prosport?

When we owned a radian last year, he was still rearfacing, but would have been using the top slots ffing. I think it depends on the vehicle. He's on the next to top slots of the gn and maestro which also both have about 18" top slots, but he's already on the top slots of the prosport. I just moved them up as his shoulders were about a half inch above the third setting w/out the recline on. I'll try to get pics of him tomorrow in it.

AtTheSouthDam

What do you not like about the install? I am considering the cowmoo because it seems to have the least boring soft cover out there :(

(Dear Britax.... I MISS YOUR OLD COVERS :crying:)

tl01

What do you not like about the install? I am considering the cowmoo because it seems to have the least boring soft cover out there :(

(Dear Britax.... I MISS YOUR OLD COVERS :crying:)

First, I am in the minority with regard to my opinion about the FR85. I don't like the gap at toward bottom of the seat btwn the seat and the vehicle seat back. My new car also has fairly slippery seats and the FR seems to have trouble gripping the seats. I get it so tight that the belt is pulling the seat down into the vehicle seat... It is almost tipping the seat backwards... I can't explain with words... But it still moves a little side to side. I'll post pics later.

tl01

I'll trade ya ;)

I totally would... but I probably need to sell it. I would rather have two different seats rather than two FR80s in case I get into a situation where the FR doesn't work. KWIM.

Trade for a SSC... :whistle: ;)

tl01

When we owned a radian last year, he was still rearfacing, but would have been using the top slots ffing. I think it depends on the vehicle. He's on the next to top slots of the gn and maestro which also both have about 18" top slots, but he's already on the top slots of the prosport. I just moved them up as his shoulders were about a half inch above the third setting w/out the recline on. I'll try to get pics of him tomorrow in it.

I'd love to see pics. I'm going to try to find a store that has it. I'm wondering if USA Baby might have one.

It just looks like such a nice, cushy, sturdy seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC