A few seats in the 2011 Nissan Juke

Angela

DH got a new Juke before Christmas and I got to play today!! I didn't spend much time in there, but I tried a few at least. I did all installs rear facing, since that's what we will need next (hopefully), except the Frontier of course.

If anyone would like me to try something forward facing or take the time to install one correctly in the middle, let me know. I didn't want to uninstall DS Frontier 85, so I just eyed the seats in the center position. These are the seats I have and how they worked.

Frontier 85 - had to muscle it in a bit on passengers side so it wouldn't loosen up, but works well. Won't fit center (too wide).

Radian XT - would fit center if both seats were all the way forward (aka knees in the chest). So it was a no go for us (DH has the seat almost all the way back). Same behind both seats.

My Ride - fit well driver's side with the seat in the right position for DH. 30 deg angle. Could get it to 45 deg with seat pushed all the way forward and noodle.

Snugride 22 - Same as the Radian, would probably work with both seats all the way forward.

CCO - this seat was made for this car!! Perfect fit drivers side. Middle would probably fit, but I would have to fiddle with it a bit to make it work.

ADS
U

Unregistered

Its amazing that I stumbled upon this thread my DH and I have just gotten a juke on yesterday and we need to purchase a car seat. Will a Britax ADvocate CS fit in the juke?

Thanks so much for your help

T

TheNancyMama

Oh please! My Sienna lease is going to be up in July and I owuld love to get a Juke. My twins (almost 3 years) are in forward facing Britax Decathlons. I brought of the car seats to the dealer today and it looks like it will be a tight fit from front to back (no issue side to side and install was easy). Are there car seats that will give the kids a bit more legroom? Your help is appreciated!

ZanesMom

I was able to fit an EFTA behind the passenger seat. However, DH (6ft) was unable to sit comfortably in the passenger seat with the EFTA. :(

The Juke was so so so much fun to drive. If DH could have sat in front, I was be driving one today.

Last edited:

Angela

You really need low profile car seats for it. It has that strange hump at the top of the front seats that gets in the way of taller seats (and rf). DS (6 in July) can fit in his fr85 behind DH (6 ft), but his feet get a tad cramped. So I think the lower profile the better. I can try a RN XTSL ff in there to see how it works, if you'd like. I'll also get a few pics of legroom for DS too.

Angela

I put the Radian 80SL and a My Ride both forward facing to show the difference between the profile of seats and how they fit. I also put in a picture of a Frontier 85. That is what DS normally sits in. I pushed the seats all the way back in all the pictures and the seats were installed with seat belt, no tether (except the FR85), and he's not actually buckled in. DS stats - 46", 60 lbs and he technically fits in all 3 seats. He's right at the limit of the My Ride though.

FR85 - passenger's side
DSCF1268.jpg

Radian 80SL - driver's side
DSCF1271.jpg

My Ride 65 - driver's side - he couldn't put his feet down
DSCF1273.jpg

U

Unregistered

Hello, I have just purchased a Juke. My DH and I are trying for a baby.. Do you think this car will be ok for me and baby, and car seat and stroller.. Today is my last day to return the car and I am wondering if i made the best purchase. I mean I love the car!! What do you think???

Angela

Hello, I have just purchased a Juke. My DH and I are trying for a baby.. Do you think this car will be ok for me and baby, and car seat and stroller.. Today is my last day to return the car and I am wondering if i made the best purchase. I mean I love the car!! What do you think???

It depends on how tall you are and what other 'stuff' you'll need for the baby. For more than 1 child, tall driver/passenger, and using it as a primary vehicle, I would say probably not a great choice. I've been able to fit a Combi Coccoro and a Graco My Ride 65 in rear facing, but the seat has to be pushed up quite a ways. I can sit comfortably in front of those seats and I'm 5'4". I tried our Graco Snugride 35 and it didn't fit behind DH who is 6'. I didn't try it with the seat pushed forward though. I can fit my Maclaren Quest in the back (umbrella stroller), but I'm not sure how well a bigger stroller would fit. The back is pretty limited. If you have any other questions about it, let me know.

Angela

Angela, it looks like L is fairly cramped. Are you at all concerned about the space between his head and the front seat?

He normally rides in a harnessed Frontier in there with the seat several inches further forward. That's something I hadn't thought about though. Do you think it would be an issue since he's still harnessed? Of course he'll be boostered sometime in the next year or more (he only has one more slot left in the Frontier).

U

Unregistered

Hello. Thank you for the info about the Juke, there's not much out there yet. I am considering one. In "CCO" in the original post the Corccoro? Does that mean it would fit, rear-facing, behind a 5'7" driver without knees being in the dash?

I also noticed the SnugRide was too big. Would the KeyFit30 also be too big, then? And on a sidenote, do you think this is a workable car for a family with a baby (and their stuff) or do you think it's too cramped? Thank you again!

Angela

Hello. Thank you for the info about the Juke, there's not much out there yet. I am considering one. In "CCO" in the original post the Corccoro? Does that mean it would fit, rear-facing, behind a 5'7" driver without knees being in the dash?

I also noticed the SnugRide was too big. Would the KeyFit30 also be too big, then? And on a sidenote, do you think this is a workable car for a family with a baby (and their stuff) or do you think it's too cramped? Thank you again!

Yes, CCO is the Combi Coccoro. My husband (6') can sit comfortably in the driver's seat with the CCO behind him, so it should work well. Not sure about the Keyfit. I actually had one at our house not too long ago, I should've tried it. I'm thinking most likely not with a taller driver. I don't think any infant carrier will really fit behind the driver's seat, without it being pushed quite a ways up. It might work in the middle though.

As for using it as a 'family' car. The Juke wouldn't be my first choice by any means. It makes a great commuter car, but is pretty cramped. We drove it on a 13 hour drive, 2 week trip during Christmas (lots of Christmas presents) and it worked okay, but I probably wouldn't want to pack it up that often.

K

Kendal

I have been keeping an eye on this post for quite some time. I am wanting to purchase a juke ( i am due with our first baby on june 26th) but dont know about our carseat fitting in there. We are both short, I am 4 ft 10 and my husband is 5 ft 6. Do you think we would have any easier time fitting infant car seats in there as short drivers? This would be my vehicle so most of the time the seats would be pushed up pretty close to accomadate my short legs.

krfogle88

I :love: the Juke and I am hoping DH gets one. How does the Complete Air fit, if you have one? I am most concerned with RF. We are both relatively short. He's 5'8" and I'm 5'2". Thanks!

Angela

The only infant see I can see fitting in there would be the Chicco Keyfit. I'm 5'3" and can't fit a snugride 22 behind me.
As for space for a rear facing convertible... The My Ride fits perfectly behind me, but I haven't tried anything else. I have a Safety First Avenue I can try. Not sure how close in size that would be to the Complete Air.

K

Kendal

For anyone who is interested we purchased our Juke this weekend. We have a baby trends infant car seat and we were able to install it center using the seatbelt as the juke owners manual specifically says not to use latch for center placement. Just wanted to share because I searched quite a bit for car seat and juke compatibilities and the more info out there the better. FYI we tried the seat in the car before purchasing to be on the safe side.

U

Unregistered

Hello.. I know this thread was a long time ago but I was hoping you could help me. Can a nissan juke get a good install in the back center seat? I see you had posted that you eye balled it. I am looking to install a rear facing chicco nextfit in the center if possible. Right now my graco snugride 30 rear passenger side barely fits! Thank you!

U

Unregistered

Curious about the Graco extent 2 fit behind the passengers seat. How well does it fit? And would the passenger have to have seat all the way up?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC