Compass B570 booster

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
My daughter likes hers a lot. It's not super-tall at the belt guide. The lap belt path does hold the belt down.

MomToEliEm

Here is a post discussing this booster:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=135553
Maybe it will answer some of your questions.

If anyone has this seat handy, I would love to get some measurements and info from the seat as this seat is missing a lot of data in the carseat measurements/data spreadsheet (as well as the measurements forum here). If someone wants to submit their data, please use the following form to send the data.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dHhtQ2FGOHRmVERoQ3laUWhwcU5WSEE6MA

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Picture, but as you can see, fyrfightrmom, our girls are pretty much opposite in build - mine is short and solid and broad-shouldered.

Last edited:

Holly

This is the only booster left I have on my list to try while we still have the car and 3 across. The Flip up arm rest is what I most want, but I'd try this booster over the other compass ones because the lap belt reportedly fits better with this one, and the LATCH, though it still has to be buckled in when not occupied as per the manual.
I really wish I could see one IRL to try in my car and see if dd fits in it. No stores that I know of have them, I'd have to order and return if it doesn't work.

TnT's Mom

My son's is in DH's vehicle too, but I will try to get measurements as well if chickabiddy can't get them :). I actually have a bunch of pics of my son in the seat and last month started to make a post showing how he fit in it but Photobucket wasn't cooperating on resizing the pics so I gave up and never tried again, but if I get a chance tomorrow or the next day I will try again if anyone is interested in seeing pics.

I bought it for my car originally but I wasn't crazy about how it was fitting him in my car so I tried in DH's truck and it seems to fit him better in that vehicle.

Holly

My son's is in DH's vehicle too, but I will try to get measurements as well if chickabiddy can't get them :). I actually have a bunch of pics of my son in the seat and last month started to make a post showing how he fit in it but Photobucket wasn't cooperating on resizing the pics so I gave up and never tried again, but if I get a chance tomorrow or the next day I will try again if anyone is interested in seeing pics.

I bought it for my car originally but I wasn't crazy about how it was fitting him in my car so I tried in DH's truck and it seems to fit him better in that vehicle.

I'd love to see pics!

rachelandtyke

I tried DD in this one at BBB and it was way too wide for her.

She fits best in a TB and then maybe a Parkway if she'd get just a tad bit wider at the shoulders, lol. She's just the wrong shape to ever fit the Compass.

Last edited:

TerisBoys

This is the only booster left I have on my list to try while we still have the car and 3 across. The Flip up arm rest is what I most want, but I'd try this booster over the other compass ones because the lap belt reportedly fits better with this one, and the LATCH, though it still has to be buckled in when not occupied as per the manual.
I really wish I could see one IRL to try in my car and see if dd fits in it. No stores that I know of have them, I'd have to order and return if it doesn't work.

My concern for you with this seat is that the lapbelt guides are going to negate the flip up armrests. I'm thinking the buckle side is going to be a pain to get under/check on a daily basis. Especially if you want H to be able to self-buckle.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I understood what you meant; I just wasn't clear. The Compass is wide, inside and out. It wouldn't be great for a slender child and it's not going to play nicely in a tight three-across.

(I was geeky enough to dress my kid in a tank top and leggings for the carseat photoshoot so people could get an idea of her build and how she fits in the seat. She's a swimmer so she has broad shoulders and thighs, and she's my kid so she has a round butt. She was approximately 50" and 62# for those pictures, and wore a size 8.)

Holly

I know it's likely not going to fit my dd well, she's skinny, short and only 35 lbs. I just wish I could try it so I'd be able to see and know for sure (And she'd know that it definitely won't work too).
When I was thinking about the Monterey, even knowing she likely wouldnt fit well, I still had to try it just to see. Now that I have and it doesn't work, it's not even on my mind or bugging me anymore.
I just wish there was a way to try it in my car without buying it first, or even to just see it in a store and have dd sit in it.
Fitting dd is my only concern about it though, I'm not worried about it fitting in my car with 3 across because the Monterey fit and it's wider.

christineka

Fitting dd is my only concern about it though, I'm not worried about it fitting in my car with 3 across because the Monterey fit and it's wider.

However, the monterey has a very slim seat. When in it's thinnest position, the seat portion is 15 inches wide. The compass, however has a wide seat. I believe it is something like 18 inches wide. The old parkway is 17 inches wide, and as I recall, barely fit in your car. The monterey is it's widest at the shoulders. The seat width is going to affect the buckle-ability of the seat in the 3 across. Perhaps you can find a fisher-price booster with a few years left on it? The fisher price booster was a top rated seat for positioning the belt well for all sizes of kids. (I liked it, but it was too short for my older kids.)

TnT's Mom

Holly, sorry it took me so long to post these. The first ones are with the seat in my car (Volvo XC70). Then I tried in DH's truck (Ford F150). The seat was intended for use in my car but I felt like the fit was better in the truck but now that I have been staring at the pics again, I am not so sure! He is a solid size kid too...I think he is actually 50 pounds now.
DSCN1012.jpg

DSCN1010-1.jpg

DSCN1015.jpg
The way the shoulder belt goes in the guide here is what made me try it in the truck instead.
DSCN1017.jpg

OK these are in the truck...
DSCN1049.jpg

DSCN1051.jpg

This next one and the one just above, I can see that I didn't pull the lap portion of the belt snug enough before guiding the shoulder portion under the belt guide. (We didn't drive anywhere like that though :)!)
DSCN1050.jpg

DSCN1054.jpg

And in this last one his fleece is making the shoulder belt position look wonky.
DSCN1053.jpg

careynj

I was just wondering if you happened to try it in the xc70 again and what year it is. Hopefully you're still around :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC