Chicco Strada

cookie123

Does anyone use one? I've been cruising Amazon for ideas for a booster seat for Brett. After 30 pages - this is what I came up with. Any thoughts? Is it tippy, does it keep the shoulder belt on the shoulder (as the SGL did not)?

Shoulder heightwise he's right at the top slot on the Nautilus.

ADS

cookie123

Thanks, I missed that.

I think I do remember now that it's not really tall. Brett is kind of long in the torso, it seems. If I can get ahold of him, I'd like to take him to USA Baby and try him in the Monterey and the Strada, and the SG, not the SGL, if they still have it.

I don't have high hopes that the Monterey would keep the belt on his shoulder. but I would like to try it, as I like the latch feature. That's why I got the SGL in the first place.

ntrenary

I have one and really like it.
My son is 8 and has a 20" torso. He has about 1/2" of space above his shoulder before he outgrows it. I think he had the same amount of room in the Compass.
He has trouble buckling himself in it because the arm rests aren't open like they are on the compass. He has to bring the belt to the front of the arm rest and slide it through. It probably wouldn't be hard for most 8 year olds, but he has other delays as well. I just make sure to double check the fit every time he gets in the seat.
ETA: I've never had a problem with the shoulder belt sliding off, or with the seat tipping, but the seats in my car are bucket seats so the Strada is supported on both sides.

Lilsid

I have one. We won it from C-S.org and Chicco. I can take pictures and do any measurements you want. Just tell me what you need and I will make it happen.

My DD is 6 and 60 lbs. She fits great in it and no the shoulder belt fits perfect and does not slip off. She has a hard time buckling her self but she does in all boosters. My seat belts have soft belt stocks and she has a hard time holding both ends at the same time to buckle her self.

Kat_Momof3

that's the main reason we don't recommend it often... we haven't seen many reviews from people, and then the price for what it does... people end up selecting other boosters

I'd love to see more on it.

ntrenary

I won mine too. and to be honest, I dont' think I would pay full price for it. There are other seats that are just as good and cost less.

brooklynsmommy

I had one until we crashed with it in the car. Judi has it now. Feel free to bug her for more pictures. I have some posted on here if you search for them.

mimieliza

I'm intrigued by it, but the price is off-putting. (disclaimer: my dd isn't booster size/age yet, but I'm thinking ahead)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC