Credible links for RF

armyfam

DD3 is going to her well baby appointment tomorrow(tonight US time) and I need maybe 1 or 2 credible sources to print off for extended RF. We only have 1 Pediatrician here- so every 12 month stationed at our Camp will get their information from her. I would love to have her aboard with extended RF. This is an Army Doc so she is a stickler with following guidelines (she already thinks I'm a bit of a nut for spreading out our vax's). I just want to be knowledgeable and as unemotional as possible when presenting her with the information.
Thank you:)

ADS

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
http://www.safekids.org/safety-basics/babies/on-the-way/carseat-safety-for-babies.html

here is the safeskids recommendations

For the best possible protection, keep your infant in a rear-facing child safety seat in a back seat for as long as possible - up to the height or weight limit of the particular seat. The "12 months and 20 pounds" rule that many parents cite when turning their child forward-facing in the car is actually the minimum size and age requirement for that change.

Keep a baby rear-facing in a convertible seat until he or she reaches the maximum height or weight allowed by the manufacturer. For many children that will be 30, 35 or even 40 pounds. Many kids will be over age 2 when they reach that weight. Rear-facing occupants are safest

Baylor

Is it because you want her help in spreading the word, or just just want her to be okay with your decision for your kids? Because if it is the latter, I can not see why her opinion would matter? You do what you think is right and that is all that matters..:shrug-shoulders:

Jan06twinmom

Is it because you want her help in spreading the word, or just just want her to be okay with your decision for your kids? Because if it is the latter, I can not see why her opinion would matter? You do what you think is right and that is all that matters..:shrug-shoulders:

My understanding from the OP is that she wants the pediatrician to have current information about ERF so she can continue to tell other parents to keep their children rf. It sounds like most parents would be seeing this doctor and so she could have a strong influence and whether parents keep their babies rf beyond a year and 20lbs.

Melanie

armyfam

Yep, I want the Pediatrician to inform other families at the clinic:). I've been in the Rf know for a long time now. Thanks to this site!

armyfam

I went to the appointment and didn't even need the links I printed. She already recommends to her patients to RF til the age of 2:thumbsup:
I asked her why so many people here do not and she said it is because it isn't law.
She is on the Family Advocacy Panel here and told me that a Soldier drove onto Post with a small child(3-5yrs) on a motorcycle without a helmet:eek:
Craziness

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
I know you already had the doc visit, but I just wanted to add a reply on here incase there are people who haven't seen this one.

Go to the link below, there is a link to a "Stay Rear-Facing Brochure" at the bottom. I keep copies of this in my car and purse to give to people (which seldom happens b/c I'm a wuss!). It has to be printed double sided. A very nice handout IMO.

http://www.cpsafety.com/

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC