What is going on with the Radian Superlatch?

sholoulou

After reading a thread on here I am questioning my superlatch. I *think* it loosened as well but now I am 2nd guessing myself. I will be paying close attention to its install from here on out. After all my stressing and saving money to buy the "best seat" for my daughter I am a bit disappointed. I just sold the other seats and the radian is all I have until I decide what to buy for my husband's truck.

Should I just use a seatbelt for the install to make sure the seat is safe?

While I am at it =-) Any suggestions for my 4yo DD? 12/03 36lbs 37"?
I am think Prosport?...

ADS

chasingboys

You can always install the Radian with a seatbelt. I probably would, but then again I had a loosening Superlatch strap so the whole thing makes me nervous.

For your 4y/o, I would get the Frontier 85. It's my fav combination seat. Lasts a long time harnessed and makes a great booster. The 9yr expiration makes it even better. You can pass it down.

Baylor

This made me nervous too.. but I have since found out that I need to install it with the seatbelt anyway in my car because it is pre 2005 so I am fine. I am now going to chat with Dh about it and get one on sale hopefully this week or next.

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
You can always install the Radian with a seatbelt. I probably would, but then again I had a loosening Superlatch strap so the whole thing makes me nervous.

For your 4y/o, I would get the Frontier 85. It's my fav combination seat. Lasts a long time harnessed and makes a great booster. The 9yr expiration makes it even better. You can pass it down.

Have you reported the problem to NHTSA? Please do if you haven't already. They really need to hear about these issues so they can be addressed.

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
After reading a thread on here I am questioning my superlatch. I *think* it loosened as well but now I am 2nd guessing myself. I will be paying close attention to its install from here on out. After all my stressing and saving money to buy the "best seat" for my daughter I am a bit disappointed. I just sold the other seats and the radian is all I have until I decide what to buy for my husband's truck.

Should I just use a seatbelt for the install to make sure the seat is safe?

While I am at it =-) Any suggestions for my 4yo DD? 12/03 36lbs 37"?
I am think Prosport?...

I'd install with the seatbelt to be safe. And is your DD FF? Are you looking for a FF harness to booster seat for her?

sholoulou

This made me nervous too.. but I have since found out that I need to install it with the seatbelt anyway in my car because it is pre 2005 so I am fine. I am now going to chat with Dh about it and get one on sale hopefully this week or next.

My van is 2003. Do I not need to use the super latch?!

sholoulou

My van is 2003. Do I not need to use the super latch?!

Yes, she is FF. I am looking for a seat that is harness to booster. Only ones I know of are Frontier, ProSport and Nautilus. She will be harnessed for quite a while since she just turned 4 last week.

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
Yes, she is FF. I am looking for a seat that is harness to booster. Only ones I know of are Frontier, ProSport and Nautilus. She will be harnessed for quite a while since she just turned 4 last week.

There is also the Evenflo Maestro. Harnesses to 50 lbs, then boosters to 100.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC