Senior Community Member
"Neener, neener." :p

radian066.jpg

For the first time ever, I love my Radian :love:

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I know, I am in awe of it's awesome awesomeness. :love:

Wow so wonderfully done..yes, yes tell us your secret!

Ah, no secret, just go buy a pre-2006 Ford Explorer :cool:

And, to rub it in just a little bit more, that picture is with the front seat ALL the way back--when I sit in the driver's seat with it adjusted like that, I can't even reach the pedals with my tippy toes :cool:. This is grandma's car, but I have been driving it just because of the Radian install.

Holly

I wish I could get a radian that upright, I'd love to have it behind my passenger seat but no, it leaves not enough room up front, especially because we have advanced air bags and the seats can't rest on the front seat.

cpsaddict

I knew that was an Explorer! That is exactly how the XTSL installed in my mom's 04. That was the one day I didn't mind the XTSL.

hrice

That is an awesomely upright Radian install. I get a great install in my Commander too. I hate the install in the center of DH's Chevy pick up. No more upright than 45 degrees. Ughh.

luckyclov

Ummmm, hello, uprightness! I wish! The best I can swing is probably around 40-ish degrees, maybe a hair less.

SignCuer

Lucky Ducky... I only can get like 35-40 degrees in my Malibu and 40 degrees in my Ford Windstar... mmmmmmmm.... time to go shopping! :p

PatrickGSR94

So I'm not that "in the know" on some of this car seat install stuff, being upright, etc. Before yesterday I thought that RF seats HAD to be around 45 degrees or so.

Is there an indicator on that Radian seat that says it's okay to be that upright, or does it say in the manual?

I plan to get out my laser level tonight and measure the back angle on the MR 65 installed in our Corolla.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
In the Radian's manual, it states the seat can be any angle less than 45* (although they state it backwards, as they are measuring a different way). The general rule for RF seats is an angle between 30* and 45* is acceptable.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC