Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

can't get a good snugride install

Hi everyone! I am having trouble getting a good angle on the snugride base. I drive a 2002 Chevy Venture and am installing it with latch in a captain's chair. There are 3 levels to choose from on the base adjuster and even on the highest one, the back of the base is too high and the seat leans forward causing baby's head to slump as well. Any advice on getting the level corrected? There is a sliver of orange (bad) showing in the level indicator that I cannot get to go away.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: can't get a good snugride install

What you need is a 45 degree angle. I am assuming your baby is a newborn. Go to the dollar store and pick up a pool noodle. cut one length that fits between your latch points. Put it in the bight of the seat, between the latch point and try installing it that way, with the foot still extended. Remember not to go over the 45 degree, as it puts too much pressure on the baby's shoulders in a crash.

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: can't get a good snugride install

Added to what Judi said, make sure your pool noodle isn't hollow. Get one that's solid all the way through.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 61", 99#, seatbelt
    laine 9/16/09, 46", 54#, Diono Monterey, Chicco KidFit Zip Air
    in a 2015 BMW M235i, and my 2011 Mercedes E350 wagon