Need new seat for 4yo

Hi there!

I need to buy a new seat for my DD and was hoping to get some opinions. She's 4yo, 45 lbs. and 43" tall (14" seated shoulder height).

She is currently FF in a Britax MA, which will be passed on (RF'ing) to my DS who is 7 months old, 21 lbs and 29" tall.

We have a 2010 Mazda 5 and I'm looking for a safe seat that will keep my DD harnessed for as long as possible, but that will (hopefully) work as a booster in future, since she's a big girl and is growing quickly.

I'd appreciate any help you could provide. :)

Thanks!

ADS

LittlePeanut

Seats I would consider in your position are the Frontier XT which will harness to 65 lbs or a torso height of 20" or the Graco Nautillus which is 65 lbs or 18-18.5" torso. Both convert to very good high back boosters and the Nautillus converts to a low back booster as well. One thing I'd consider are expiry dates, the FNXT has a 9 year life from DOM on the whole seat and the Nautillus is 9 years on the booster cushion only and only 6 years on the harnessed portion.

The Nautillus runs $170-250 depending on sales and patterns. The FRXT runs about $300 with few sales seen.

LittlePeanut

Another option I would consider would be a Radian XT which will harness to 65 lbs and 18" torso. Once she outgrows this in a couple of years, it can be passed down to your DS to keep him harnessed RF to 45 lbs. At that point, she should be mature enough for a dedicated booster which are fairly inexpensive. I imagine your MA would be expiring around that time if you have used it for your DD.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC