Carseat Features and Data Forums

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
You've probably noticed the new forum section mentioned in the 2011 Announcements. Thanks to MomtoEliEm for putting it all together!

If you find any errors or have any suggestions, please reply to this thread with comments.

Please DO NOT use this thread to submit new measurements or data, other than errors. You can read more on the data and how to submit missing data here:

http://www.car-seat.org/announcement.php?f=61

ADS

rachelandtyke

I love the forum!

Since not everyone always reads the announcements posted in a forum, I was wondering if it would be possible to put a stickied post at the top of each sub-forum with the link to the google spreadsheet that is applicable for that specific sub-forum. Did that make sense? (I saw the link to the google spreadsheet, but imagine there are some who might not get that far . . .?) Of course there may be a reason why it was decided not to do that already. :)

Thanks!

Mae

Here. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=150695

It's retro weight change is 9/08, not 8/08. Last line of the post.

* This seat was RETROACTIVELY rated to 40 lbs. rear-facing for seats made in 08/08 or later. This change applies to U.S. models only. Press Release

From the press release:

This change is now retroactive and applies to U.S. Radian models manufactured in or after September, 2008.

I think it's just a silly typo though, because it's correct earlier in the post.

Also, under the "Measurements" part of the Radian,

Seat Weight: 23 (non surelatch) / 25 lb. (seats with surelatch)
It's SuperLATCH. ;)

:)

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I love the forum!

Since not everyone always reads the announcements posted in a forum, I was wondering if it would be possible to put a stickied post at the top of each sub-forum with the link to the google spreadsheet that is applicable for that specific sub-forum. Did that make sense? (I saw the link to the google spreadsheet, but imagine there are some who might not get that far . . .?) Of course there may be a reason why it was decided not to do that already. :)

Thanks!

Any chance we can get a Sticky in that forum of the Car Seat Pictorial Guide?

Also, here. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=150985

Is there anyway that we can get the link to my thread :)o) about the Turbo Screws posted in there? Here's the link to my thread: http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=1499612&postcount=1

That way, there will be easy-to-access information about the screws and how to order them, for those who will be using this forum for checks. :)

Tyring to avoid any stickies as they start to take up space on limited mobile devices. We can add critical items to the announcement, though, but it will probably not include a list of links to other resources, sorry.

Pixels

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=150695

Under Stated Limits:
Should be XTSL (not XLST).
Radian 80SLs and XTSLs are rearfacing 45 pounds.
FF weight range is 20-65 for the Radian 65 and Radian 65SL, 20-80 for the 80, 80SL, XT and XTSL models.

Added comment:
Infant support cushions comes with Radian 80/80SL/XT/XTSL models, and is also available to purchase separately.

Pixels

I just noticed one more on the Flex-Loc. You have "For the 30lb. version seat, there are two seat angle requirements, one for 5-20 lbs. and the other 20-30 lbs." For the 22 lb. version seat, there are two seat angle requirements, one for 5-20 lbs. and the other for 20-22 lbs.

Both versions have two angle requirements. One for 5-20, the other for 20-seat max weight limit.

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
The data forums are totally, totally awesome! MomToEliEm, thank you for doing all that work, it's going to be immeasurably ( ;) pun intended) helpful for me when trying to compare seats and find solutions for parents needing to fill specific needs.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
It would be great if the announcements in each of the sections (here is the one in the main area http://www.car-seat.org/announcement.php?f=61) could state that the information provided is for U.S. seats only. I realize this is a U.S. based board, but seeing as there is a designated area for Canadians to post and that many U.S. seats have a comparable Canadian model, stated weight limits, instructions, shopping links etc. could confuse some users. There are a few offered in other countries as well (like the Nautilus) so the clarity may help others as well.

Pixels

Under Stated Limits:

Radian 80SLs and XTSLs are rearfacing 45 pounds.
FF weight range is 20-65 for the Radian 65 and Radian 65SL, 20-80 for the 80, 80SL, XT and XTSL models.

The other things I mentioned were corrected/added, but the above is still incorrect/missing.

Pixels

Let's try this one more time. :)

RF Weight Range: 5-35 lbs. (made before 9/08) / 5-40 lbs. (65 and 80 models made 9/08 or later and all XTs and 65SLs) / 5-45 lb. (80SL and XTSL models)

rachelandtyke

I just noticed that in the First Years True Fit section, it does not have any information for the True Fit Recline (C650). :)

Also, for rear facing, there is no number for height limit in the manual, it just states head must be 1 inch below the top of the seat.

Last edited:

MomToEliEm

I just noticed that in the First Years True Fit section, it does not have any information for the True Fit Recline (C650). :)

What are the differences between the C650 and the the other True Fits (C630 and C670)? Are they based primarily on the same shell so they would have the same measurements?

I found the online manual and the shopping link for the C650 and added it to the master spreadsheets and the post here. If there are any specific differences regarding this seat though, I would like to get that added to the comments.

rachelandtyke

What are the differences between the C650 and the the other True Fits (C630 and C670)? Are they based primarily on the same shell so they would have the same measurements?

I found the online manual and the shopping link for the C650 and added it to the master spreadsheets and the post here. If there are anything specific regarding this seat though, I would like to get that added to the comments.

According to TLC site, these are the changes (at least from the C630, although mine has a flip foot for rear or forward facing IIRC, but perhaps they have changed it.) I would expect the measurements would be the same.

The C650 model features smaller bottom rails and a flip foot on the bottom---flip it forward for rear-facing installation and flip it back with your move to the forward-facing installation. This seat is fully-lined with EPP foam and has deep side wings that really surround your child.

We have added a center angle indicator in the front of our seat for use when installing in the rear-facing position. This new easy-to-read indicator will help you determine if you have installed your seat correctly. For your infant, it will indicate the advocate-recommended 45-degree angle for installation (without our headrest), and as you keep it rear-facing to 35lbs (with the headrest) you can check for the recommended 35 degree angle for installation.

We have also moved both side LATCH attachments so they are easy to access when you are installing your seat and easy to secure when you remove the seat from your vehicle.

http://www.learningcurve.com/product/detail/Y11157?locale=en_US

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC