Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carseat Features and Data Forums

You've probably noticed the new forum section mentioned in the 2011 Announcements. Thanks to MomtoEliEm for putting it all together!

If you find any errors or have any suggestions, please reply to this thread with comments.

Please DO NOT use this thread to submit new measurements or data, other than errors. You can read more on the data and how to submit missing data here:

http://www.car-seat.org/announcement.php?f=61
    Welcome to Car-Seat.Org! Click to Post a Question. Please respect our signature guidelines. Thank you.
    These topics have useful information: Main Announcement, User Guidelines, Please Support Car-Seat.Org
    Please support Car-Seat.Org by using forum links to Amazon (please bookmark!), Wayfair, Target, Walmart, Albee and our Sponsors.
    All Website Content Copyright© 2001-2019, Car-Seat.Org, All Rights Reserved
    Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About Us

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member rachelandtyke's Avatar

Re: Carseat Features and Data Forums

I love the forum!

Since not everyone always reads the announcements posted in a forum, I was wondering if it would be possible to put a stickied post at the top of each sub-forum with the link to the google spreadsheet that is applicable for that specific sub-forum. Did that make sense? (I saw the link to the google spreadsheet, but imagine there are some who might not get that far . . .?) Of course there may be a reason why it was decided not to do that already.

Thanks!
    DD1: 14, finally five-stepping!
    DS: 10, LBTB, Harmony Youth Booster
    DD2: 6, Chicco KidFit, HBTB w/ SS

Here. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=150695

It's retro weight change is 9/08, not 8/08. Last line of the post.

* This seat was RETROACTIVELY rated to 40 lbs. rear-facing for seats made in 08/08 or later. This change applies to U.S. models only. Press Release
    From the press release:

This change is now retroactive and applies to U.S. Radian models manufactured in or after September, 2008.
    I think it's just a silly typo though, because it's correct earlier in the post.

Also, under the "Measurements" part of the Radian,

Seat Weight: 23 (non surelatch) / 25 lb. (seats with surelatch)
    It's SuperLATCH.

"Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't." - Bill Nye

5. Thank You from:

Senior Community Member SuzaBanana's Avatar

Any chance we can get a Sticky in that forum of the Car Seat Pictorial Guide?
    integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching

Also, here. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=150985

Is there anyway that we can get the link to my thread () about the Turbo Screws posted in there? Here's the link to my thread: http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php...12&postcount=1

That way, there will be easy-to-access information about the screws and how to order them, for those who will be using this forum for checks.

8. Thank You from:

Mae, Thanks for those fixes. I made the change in those posts.
    Katy

10. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by rachelandtyke View Post
    I love the forum!

Since not everyone always reads the announcements posted in a forum, I was wondering if it would be possible to put a stickied post at the top of each sub-forum with the link to the google spreadsheet that is applicable for that specific sub-forum. Did that make sense? (I saw the link to the google spreadsheet, but imagine there are some who might not get that far . . .?) Of course there may be a reason why it was decided not to do that already.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzaBanana View Post
    Any chance we can get a Sticky in that forum of the Car Seat Pictorial Guide?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mae View Post
    Also, here. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=150985

Is there anyway that we can get the link to my thread () about the Turbo Screws posted in there? Here's the link to my thread: http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php...12&postcount=1

That way, there will be easy-to-access information about the screws and how to order them, for those who will be using this forum for checks.

Tyring to avoid any stickies as they start to take up space on limited mobile devices. We can add critical items to the announcement, though, but it will probably not include a list of links to other resources, sorry.
    Welcome to Car-Seat.Org! Click to Post a Question. Please respect our signature guidelines. Thank you.
    These topics have useful information: Main Announcement, User Guidelines, Please Support Car-Seat.Org
    Please support Car-Seat.Org by using forum links to Amazon (please bookmark!), Wayfair, Target, Walmart, Albee and our Sponsors.
    All Website Content Copyright© 2001-2019, Car-Seat.Org, All Rights Reserved
    Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About Us

13. Thank You from:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=150770

Flex-Loc should be hyphenated.

The official names of the seats are Flex-Loc, with no numbers. We here tend to put the number at the end to distinguish, and I understand why you did as well, but someone shopping for a "flex-loc 22" is going to come up empty. I'm not sure what the best way to deal with it is.
    Melissa, CPST and Mom to three

15. Thank You from:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=150695

Under Stated Limits:
    Should be XTSL (not XLST).
    Radian 80SLs and XTSLs are rearfacing 45 pounds.
    FF weight range is 20-65 for the Radian 65 and Radian 65SL, 20-80 for the 80, 80SL, XT and XTSL models.

Added comment:
    Infant support cushions comes with Radian 80/80SL/XT/XTSL models, and is also available to purchase separately.

17. Thank You from:

I just noticed one more on the Flex-Loc. You have "For the 30lb. version seat, there are two seat angle requirements, one for 5-20 lbs. and the other 20-30 lbs." For the 22 lb. version seat, there are two seat angle requirements, one for 5-20 lbs. and the other for 20-22 lbs.

Both versions have two angle requirements. One for 5-20, the other for 20-seat max weight limit.

19. Thank You from:

The data forums are totally, totally awesome! MomToEliEm, thank you for doing all that work, it's going to be immeasurably ( pun intended) helpful for me when trying to compare seats and find solutions for parents needing to fill specific needs.
    -Mandy
    CPST-I, Special Needs trained
    Mommy to two boys
    A ~ 9 years, 70 lbs ~ Boostered in Chicco KidFit & Graco SafetySurround
    K ~ 6 years, 45 lbs ~ Boostered in Parkway SG & Harnessed in Frontier85

It would be great if the announcements in each of the sections (here is the one in the main area http://www.car-seat.org/announcement.php?f=61) could state that the information provided is for U.S. seats only. I realize this is a U.S. based board, but seeing as there is a designated area for Canadians to post and that many U.S. seats have a comparable Canadian model, stated weight limits, instructions, shopping links etc. could confuse some users. There are a few offered in other countries as well (like the Nautilus) so the clarity may help others as well.
    TechnoAdult · Driver's seat ·
    TechnoTween · Britax Parkway SGL backless · Safety 1st Incognito ·
    TechnoKid · Britax Frontier ClickTight x2 · Graco Tranzitions ·

22. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixels View Post
    Under Stated Limits:

Radian 80SLs and XTSLs are rearfacing 45 pounds.
    FF weight range is 20-65 for the Radian 65 and Radian 65SL, 20-80 for the 80, 80SL, XT and XTSL models.
    The other things I mentioned were corrected/added, but the above is still incorrect/missing.

24. Thank You from:

Let's try this one more time.

RF Weight Range: 5-35 lbs. (made before 9/08) / 5-40 lbs. (65 and 80 models made 9/08 or later and all XTs and 65SLs) / 5-45 lb. (80SL and XTSL models)

26. Thank You from:

I just noticed that in the First Years True Fit section, it does not have any information for the True Fit Recline (C650).

Also, for rear facing, there is no number for height limit in the manual, it just states head must be 1 inch below the top of the seat.
    Last edited by rachelandtyke; 01-07-2011 at 09:29 AM.

28. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by rachelandtyke View Post
    I just noticed that in the First Years True Fit section, it does not have any information for the True Fit Recline (C650).
    What are the differences between the C650 and the the other True Fits (C630 and C670)? Are they based primarily on the same shell so they would have the same measurements?

I found the online manual and the shopping link for the C650 and added it to the master spreadsheets and the post here. If there are any specific differences regarding this seat though, I would like to get that added to the comments.
    Katy

Quote Originally Posted by MomToEliEm View Post
    What are the differences between the C650 and the the other True Fits (C630 and C670)? Are they based primarily on the same shell so they would have the same measurements?

I found the online manual and the shopping link for the C650 and added it to the master spreadsheets and the post here. If there are anything specific regarding this seat though, I would like to get that added to the comments.
    According to TLC site, these are the changes (at least from the C630, although mine has a flip foot for rear or forward facing IIRC, but perhaps they have changed it.) I would expect the measurements would be the same.

The C650 model features smaller bottom rails and a flip foot on the bottom---flip it forward for rear-facing installation and flip it back with your move to the forward-facing installation. This seat is fully-lined with EPP foam and has deep side wings that really surround your child.

We have added a center angle indicator in the front of our seat for use when installing in the rear-facing position. This new easy-to-read indicator will help you determine if you have installed your seat correctly. For your infant, it will indicate the advocate-recommended 45-degree angle for installation (without our headrest), and as you keep it rear-facing to 35lbs (with the headrest) you can check for the recommended 35 degree angle for installation.

We have also moved both side LATCH attachments so they are easy to access when you are installing your seat and easy to secure when you remove the seat from your vehicle.

http://www.learningcurve.com/product...7?locale=en_US

31. Thank You from:

This is outdated.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=150670

The instruction manual doesn't work anymore, here is a working link.

http://www.combiusa.com/Content/Uplo...20-English.pdf

Actually, it looks like all the Combi manuals are outdated. I guess Combi updated the links and it broke the links to the manual.

Here are the new links: http://www.combiusa.com/Customer-Car...spx?Category=2

34. Thank You from: