Probooster users. Your thoughts?

fyrfightermomma

I'm pretty sure this is what I'm gonna get E. The Vivo fit great but the belt path annoyed me and her so I sold it to Lovin.

Is the fit of the probooster similar? I have no where to try before I buy and I'll probably use the tech discount meaning I can't return it

Was it tippy? Was the lapbelt nice and low? Did it fit skinny ones good? Does it have the problem like the Monterey and PWSG and other seats of the belt slipping off the shoulder?

Once she gets her J tube in a few weeks I know she'll shoot right up weight wise. She always has once she gets formula back in her so I'll be boostering full time come spring. S is in a non tethered spot and I want her tethered again ASAP and boostering Evelyn will allow me to do that. Back when she first turned 5 and was almost 40 lbs she did great in a booster and we had no issues with immaturity. So I don't anticipate any issues as she'll be 5y and 8 months or so. We don't have long in most of her seats. The FR85 has some room of course but S will need that soon as she's on the top slots of the GN with only about an inch left.

So thoughts on the PB?

ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I'm pretty happy with my dd's. We haven't had any tippy-issues, but since I heard about others having that problem, I think it's because our PB fits my car really well. In the 2nd row, I always put the armrest down, which provides stability, and in the 3rd row it fits in/between the vehicle seat's contouring. My 10yo dd and my friend's 4yo dd have been using it, both with no issues.

I don't have any issues the with the seat belt slipping off the shoulder, either, but I think that really depends on the car. Plus, I have no problem having the headrest up a notch if it needs to be. I know most folks on the board prefer to have the headrest perfectly centered around their kid's head, but I don't mind having it just a little high if it makes the shoulder belt fit.

kaleigh71

No tipping issues here. Great fit on my son and haven't seen any issue with the belt slipping, it is in a great spot, and he is a very narrow child. I've used it a couple of times to booster train my almost 5 year old DD and it fits her well, too.

emandbri

When Benjamin is awake he does fine in it but it was tippy when he slept in it. I don't have any pictures but I tried Elizabeth in it just to show Mae how the belts fit and she fit really well. She is 43 lbs and 40 inches tall.

luckyclov

I had a lot of love for the PB. And I do mean a lot. It looked "grown-up" so my 8-year old DS loved it, it was soft, super comfortable, it fit DS great, and provided a fan-freakin-tastic belt fit - both lap and shoulder. Buuuuuuuuuut, it tipped in my 3rd row. Any position it was in. I cried many tears - only slightly joking there - when I finally gave up with it and replaced it with a PWSG.

lovinwaves

fyrfightermomma: I'm pretty sure this is what I'm gonna get E. The Vivo fit great but the belt path annoyed me and her so I sold it to Lovin.

And we're loving it, thanks!!

Is the fit of the probooster similar?

I think so. I mean, it fit her equally well. I do think the Vivo though overall fits smaller kids a tad better. But I think you will be very happy with it, and not think it's not as good as the Vivo, ya know?

Was it tippy?

In every car we had it in except for DH's VW Passat.

Was the lapbelt nice and low?

Fit DD perfect

Did it fit skinny ones good?

YES! DD is 6 1/2, 36lbs, and 42" tall. Fit her great, can't complain at all

Does it have the problem like the Monterey and PWSG and other seats of the belt slipping off the shoulder?

Not at all! That's what was so surprising. As big as it is and wide, it still fit her perfect in the shoulders even with her being so petite. :thumbsup:

Now just buy it already :p

fyrfightermomma

fyrfightermomma: I'm pretty sure this is what I'm gonna get E. The Vivo fit great but the belt path annoyed me and her so I sold it to Lovin.

And we're loving it, thanks!!

Is the fit of the probooster similar?

I think so. I mean, it fit her equally well. I do think the Vivo though overall fits smaller kids a tad better. But I think you will be very happy with it, and not think it's not as good as the Vivo, ya know?

Was it tippy?

In every car we had it in except for DH's VW Passat.

Was the lapbelt nice and low?

Fit DD perfect

Did it fit skinny ones good?

YES! DD is 6 1/2, 36lbs, and 42" tall. Fit her great, can't complain at all

Does it have the problem like the Monterey and PWSG and other seats of the belt slipping off the shoulder?

Not at all! That's what was so surprising. As big as it is and wide, it still fit her perfect in the shoulders even with her being so petite. :thumbsup:

Now just buy it already :p

:p:p

Once I know for sure I lost all the Recaro contests before Christmas I'm just gonna get one. If it tips, it tips. I guess I can always CL it or use it in DH's car. Her weight should shoot up really soon after getting her new feeding tube. Maybe she'll even hit 40 lbs before spring!

KrisM

I found the Probooster tippy, too. Otherwise, I liked it a lot. But, now it's in a 3-across situation and sandwiched between a Radian and the door, so it doesn't tip :).

elle7715

I found the Probooster tippy, too. Otherwise, I liked it a lot. But, now it's in a 3-across situation and sandwiched between a Radian and the door, so it doesn't tip :).
Agreed.

It fits my narrow DD1 really well. She can't use a lot of boosters because the belt is off her shoulder. It it had LATCH I would really love it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC