NBB?

scoutingbear

Going along with my "what to put the baby in" I also need to come up with a NBB for the one day a week A is in the nanny's car. The HB Turbo fits him well...do I just go with a NB turbo? Or does something else tend to fit kids well? He is tall and thin. Wears slim jeans and most of the time I have to take those in too.

ADS

sirrahn

The Harmony Literider gives excellent belt fit on both my average sized 7 yr old and skinny 10 year old.

Mom2FiveGirls

I agree with the harmony literider. It fits my thin-ish (she wears 7 slims or 8 slims) 8 year old really well. Plus it comes in cute patterns (which she likes better than the TBs).

kater-tot82

My skinny 7yo has a LiteRider and an Amp backless booster. Both of them fit her well. She uses the LiteRider more because it works better in DH's car, but if she had to pick one to ride in, it would be the Amp (it's bright pink and has cupholders--the important things!). I like the shoulderbelt guide on the LiteRider better. We have only used our Turbo with the back so I'm not sure about shoulderbelt fit without the back and using the clip.

I'd probably try the Turbo without the back to save $$ and if you don't like the fit, get a LiteRider because they are cheap, have cute patterns, and fit skinny kids well :)

christineka

My kids like cupholders, but the literiders are only used in the neighbor's car, so no need for anything fancy. I like the fit and the cost of the literider. Also, my girls sit side by side in theirs, but I don't think they'd fit with any other booster.

scoutingbear

My skinny 7yo has a LiteRider and an Amp backless booster. Both of them fit her well. She uses the LiteRider more because it works better in DH's car, but if she had to pick one to ride in, it would be the Amp (it's bright pink and has cupholders--the important things!). I like the shoulderbelt guide on the LiteRider better. We have only used our Turbo with the back so I'm not sure about shoulderbelt fit without the back and using the clip.

I'd probably try the Turbo without the back to save $$ and if you don't like the fit, get a LiteRider because they are cheap, have cute patterns, and fit skinny kids well :)

I would rather pick up a NBB than use my current turbos since we never know who will be getting the kids at any given time or don't want to risk forgetting to have the seat for the kid on a day that dh or my parents or anyone else needs to take them somewhere. And, the only "extra" seat we have right now is the RSTV for 3 kids...one of whom would not fit in it. :p

kater-tot82

Oh, I definitely know about extra seats...DD1's main rides are a Monterey and a pink Lite Rider, but I have a HB Turbo, an extra Lite Rider, and the Amp for her. I'd pick a LiteRider if you want a new seat for A in your nanny's car :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC