Question For those in Aussie and request

Kobain's Mommy

I've got a friend in Aussie who has a big baby. Her little guy is 7 months old and has beyond outgrown her only RFing seat. So the little guy has been ffing since 6 months. She's always sick when she has to put him in his seat because she knows it's better to RF as long as possible. She thought about importing a seat, but is afraid to because a friend imported a Britax because they loved the CowMoo. She said they couldn't get it in right with Aussie tether system so they used a rope and tied it in.

I'm curious how your seat belt systems are? A picture would be great! There another person we both know that is going to Aussie and a said she's be willing to bring the seat over when she flys and then ship it when she gets there.

ADS

cookie123

Really, a rope? Don't they have seat belts? Do you know what seat the friend had? I was thinking maybe the My Ride. It's an easy install, easy to use seat.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
:confused: Their seatbelts are the same as ours.

They tether differently (Australian method-- goes around the carseat and hooks to the tether hooks behind the vehicle seat), but that doesn't mean you couldn't use the Swedish method.

ETA: Here is a brief review of their system. Other than the tethering method (which some used to use here in the US because Britax used to illustrate it in their manuals), the system of installation really isn't that different than here. There is also ISOFIX vs. LATCH, but it isn't all that different.

Kobain's Mommy

Thanks ladies! Yeah the rope part is what threw me off. I kept thinking why can't she just buckle it in with a seatbelt. I think she said she just had a capsule. At one point she was asking about a Scenera after looking at Walmart's website. I was thinking to get the 40lbs RFing one. That should hopefully get him to at least a year.

Here's the stats I know as of 11/30/10
Weight: 10.9kg (24lbs)
Length: 69cm (27 inches)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC