And for those that insist RF kids MUST be uncomfortable..

nmb

...with their legs up on the seat like that -- how my son chooses to ride FF when the seat is within reach. :D
DSC06017.jpg

DSC06018.jpg

DSC06019.jpg

ADS

Shaunam

My kid does that too and I'm always telling him to put his feet down because I'm afraid they'll break in a crash! :rolleyes:

gigi

Mine does the same thing.

He never complained of discomfort before he went FF at 3 and 35. Ever since and up to now at 3.75 and 39 pounds he complains about his back and legs hurting all the time.

AtTheSouthDam

DD2 does that in my car. We call it the driver's "kidney massage", lol. I miss her RF because it gets annoying on long trips.

Keeanh

My 4yo, who likely doesn't even remember RF-ing, puts her feet up on the window ledge in the big van. In our regular van, I have to keep telling her not to kick / rest her feet in the pocket on the back of the driver's seat. I told DH I was going to get her a RN so I could RF her (she's 42lbs).

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Can you get the back of your Nautilus base to scoot back any further? It looks like you *almost* have some overhang (which is NOT allowed with the Nautilus).

Love the pics! My kids often sit with their legs up. I can't imagine mine dangling either. Super cute!

daddymike

My daughter is always doing the same thing and pushing her feet into my back! I know she dosn't remember rfing cause we turned her at 1 (just didn't know any better then!)

chelsey

Thank you for sharing.I need to send this link to my MIL:whistle::whistle: my son is using CA RF in her car and she keeps telling me that it's to small for him and he complains about his legs(yeah she takes him to the church that's 5 minutes from the house and he has time to complain about his legs :whistle:)

Reactions: nmb

Mom2FiveGirls

DD#4 still sits with her feet on the seat in front of her or either with her legs crossed on her seat. I moved her to behind the drivers seat and she is constantly kicking my seat now. She hates having her legs dangle. DD#5 does the same thing when she's FFing (which isn't often). Both of them will tell you that RFing is more comfortable than FFing.

turtlemama

My older two did that too and I was always telling them to keep their feet down.
I posted a picture of my 4 yr old RF in his CA and a lady commented that he looked so uncomfortable. I made sure to ask him every time we rode if he was comfortable and he always said he was. He is back FF now though since I'm switching seats around again.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC